moved or conveyed by or through air
in flight; flying; -- said of an airplane.
(Mil.) carried directly to the site of battle by aircraft; -- said of combat troops, as, an airborne division.
Military infantry intended to be transported by air and delivered to the battlefield by parachute or helicopter.
In or carried by the air.
Airborne pollen can aggravate allergies.
Origin: Attested since the 1640s;
Airborne is a 1993 American comedy-drama film centered around inline skating, starring Shane McDermott, Seth Green, Brittney Powell, Chris Conrad, Jacob Vargas and a then-unknown Jack Black.
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
1. In relation to personnel, troops especially trained to effect, following transport by air, an assault debarkation, either by parachuting or touchdown. 2. In
The numerical value of airborne in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of airborne in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
The ones with most risk are airborne.
We need more boots on the ground, not the 82nd Airborne.
The question now is whether [this] can be transmitted through the airborne route.
It was an airborne middle finger to Trump and Xi before they sit down for their summit.
Tracking small airborne objects that are slow moving close to the ground is notoriously difficult with significant signal-to-noise ratio problems.
Images & Illustrations of airborne
Translations for airborne
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- في الجوArabic
- transportat per l'aireCatalan, Valencian
- über die Luft transportiert, LuftGerman
- aerotransportado, transportado por el aire, volandoSpanish
- lintas udaraIndonesian
- in volo, aviotrasportato, trasportato dall'aria, aerotrasportatoItalian
- in de luchtDutch
- w trakcie lotuPolish
- voo, transportado pelo arPortuguese
Get even more translations for airborne »
Find a translation for the airborne definition in other languages:
Select another language: