plan, program, programmenoun
a series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished
"they drew up a six-step plan"; "they discussed plans for a new bond issue"
a system of projects or services intended to meet a public need
"he proposed an elaborate program of public works"; "working mothers rely on the day care program"
broadcast, program, programmenoun
a radio or television show
"did you see his program last night?"
platform, political platform, political program, programnoun
a document stating the aims and principles of a political party
"their candidate simply ignored the party platform"; "they won the election even though they offered no positive program"
an announcement of the events that will occur as part of a theatrical or sporting event
"you can't tell the players without a program"
course of study, program, programme, curriculum, syllabusnoun
an integrated course of academic studies
"he was admitted to a new program at the university"
program, programme, computer program, computer programmenoun
(computer science) a sequence of instructions that a computer can interpret and execute
"the program required several hundred lines of code"
a performance (or series of performances) at a public presentation
"the program lasted more than two hours"
arrange a program of or for
"program the 80th birthday party"
write a computer program
A set of structured activities.
A leaflet listing information about a play, game or other activity.
A performance of a show or other broadcast on radio or television.
A software application, or a collection of software applications, designed to perform a specific task.
A particular mindset or method of doing things.
To enter a program or other instructions into a computer (or other electronic device) to instruct it to do a particular task.
To put together the schedule of an event.
To cause to automatically behave in a particular way.
Etymology: From programme, from programma, from πρόγραμμα, from προγράφω, from πρό +, from γράφω.
same as Programme
The New Hacker's Dictionary
1. A magic spell cast over a computer allowing it to turn one's input into error messages. 2. An exercise in experimental epistemology. 3. A form of art, ostensibly intended for the instruction of computers, which is nevertheless almost inevitably a failure if other programmers can't understand it.
A step-by-step instruction a computer understands.
The program was running efficiently.Submitted by MaryC on January 22, 2020
A type of plan or system with accurate and specific defined eligibility criteria, employees, expenditure, funding, guidelines, income, IT system, liquidity, management, policy, resources and technology for a specific purpose.
The sustainable development goals programs all have a defined structure.Submitted by MaryC on April 17, 2020
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Program' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #2549
Rank popularity for the word 'Program' in Nouns Frequency: #817
The numerical value of Program in Chaldean Numerology is: 9
The numerical value of Program in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
As managers of Yellowstone National Park, we balance the preservation of park resources with public safety, our decision takes into account the facts of the case, the goals of the bear management program, and the long-term viability of the grizzly bear population as a whole, rather than an individual bear.
Let them be part of the community of nations, i think that would be enough in itself to bring an end to the nuclear program in North Korea.
The key to the process is to design the pressure release rate not to stress the dough, which likes to expand gently, we mainly studied how dough behaves with and without yeast -- how the softness changes with leavening( rising), and how the dough responds to a temperature program during baking.
As the program is currently being run, we feel it is a waste of money.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, cone a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for Program
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- program, programmeerAfrikaans
- وضع برنامجًا, برمجة, برنامجArabic
- অনুষ্ঠান, প্রোগ্রামBengali
- programaCatalan, Valencian
- programovat, programCzech
- rhaglen, rhaglennuWelsh
- programmieren, Sendung, ProgrammGerman
- πρόγραμμα, προγραμματίζωGreek
- ohjelmoida, [[suunnitella]] [[ohjelma]], ohjelmalehtinen, ohjelma, suunnitelma, ehdollistaa, esitysFinnish
- émission, programmer, programmation, programmeFrench
- תיכנת, תוכניתHebrew
- कार्यक्रम, प्रोग्राम, क्रमादेशHindi
- műsor, programHungarian
- forrita, tölvuforrit, forritIcelandic
- 算譜, 番組, プログラムを作る, プログラムを供給する, 次第, プログラム, 提供, 計画Japanese
- پرۆگرام, بهرنامهKurdish
- programmeren, programma, vastleggen, plannenDutch
- audycja, programować, programPolish
- programação, planear, programa, planejar, programarPortuguese
- писать программу, программировать, составлять план, передача, программа, составлять программу, програмкаRussian
- utveckla mjukvara, programmera, mjukvaruutveckla, program, planera, mjukvara, planläggaSwedish
- รายการ, โปรแกรมThai
- izlence, bağdarlama, programTurkish
- передача, програмаUkrainian
- chương trìnhVietnamese
Get even more translations for Program »
Find a translation for the Program definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)