a person who participates in or is skilled at some game
musician, instrumentalist, playernoun
someone who plays a musical instrument (as a profession)
actor, histrion, player, thespian, role playernoun
a theatrical performer
a person who pursues a number of different social and sexual partners simultaneously
an important participant (as in a business deal)
"he was a major player in setting up the corporation"
One who plays any game or sport.
An actor in a dramatic play.
One who plays on a musical instrument.
One who is playful, given to games and other amusement; one without serious aims; an idler; a trifler.
A gamer; a gamester.
A person who plays the field rather than having a long-term sexual relationship.
An electronic device that plays various audio and video media, such as CD player.
A software application that plays various audio and video formats.
of something that "plays" itself, like certain automated devices
Etymology: From playere, from plegere, equivalent to.
one who plays, or amuses himself; one without serious aims; an idler; a trifler
one who plays any game
a dramatic actor
one who plays on an instrument of music
a gamester; a gambler
Player is an American rock band that made their mark during the late 1970s. The group scored a few US Hot 100 hits, three of which went into the Top 40; two of those single releases went Top 10, including the No. 1 hit "Baby Come Back", written by group members Peter Beckett and J.C. Crowley.
Someone who is "true to the hood",(Keith Holley aKa "Keilo") ie. someone who never sold out. To Chuck, Flava and Griff... You're true players -- Ice-T (M.V.P.'s).
A kind of chicken, so a player is good at picking up rice.
"Players" is an adult magazine.
A form of con artist, whose "game" involves confidence schemes, usually perpetrated against the opposite sex, aimed at procuring sexual favor, material items, money or all three -- usually from multiple victims simultaneously.
Person from the game, loyal to the game.
A person who plays a sport.
The players of football, hurling, australian rules football and other sports love to converse and share knowledge.Submitted by MaryC on March 17, 2020
Song lyrics by player -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by player on the Lyrics.com website.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Player' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1832
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Player' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2425
Rank popularity for the word 'Player' in Nouns Frequency: #305
The numerical value of Player in Chaldean Numerology is: 2
The numerical value of Player in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
You look at his game and what he’s accomplished, he’s a shorter guy, like the old-school type. If you’re in trouble, chip out and hit your wedges close and putt really well. If you think about that type of player, they have to be so precise and disciplined in their approach. That created who he is. He’s got a lot of fight. CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP.
There's nobody that has more respect for Peyton than me, outside of probably Peyton Manning-led parents and Peyton Manning-led brothers, if anybody can appreciate what he's accomplished, it's me, so he's just been remarkable in every part of his career. He's been a tremendous player.
I can’t comment whether it’s commitment, it’s a sticky situation. There’s not much I can say. ... I don’t want to point any fingers. I don’t know who is at fault, All I can say is the player was selected.
I had to call Bron, and tell him I apologize for being that young player that wanted everything at his fingertips, i wanted to be the guy that led us to a championship. I wanted to be the leader. I wanted to be all that.
It was in this team’s best interest, we felt that way from top to bottom. It’s nice to see the results that we wanted. He( Marcus Freeman) cares for you more as a person than he does as a player.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for Player
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- لاعِب, مشغلArabic
- lojtar, oyunçuAzerbaijani
- jugadorCatalan, Valencian
- herec, hráč, přehrávačCzech
- spiller, skuespiller, musiker, spillemandDanish
- παίκτρια, ηθοποιός, μουσικός, παίκτηςGreek
- jugadora, jugadorSpanish
- peluri, soitto-ohjelma, pelaaja, pelimies, näyttelijä, pleijeri, soittaja, soitinFinnish
- joueur, musicien, joueuse, lecteur, fainéant, fainéante, acteur, musicienne, actriceFrench
- imreoir, seinnteoirIrish
- xogador, xogadoraGalician
- giocatore, lettoreItalian
- 俳優, プレーヤー, 芸人, 奏者, ギャンブラー, 博徒, 選手Japanese
- muzîkjen, yarîker, lîstikvan, ace, sazbend, qumarker, یاریکهرKurdish
- speler, speelvogel, vertolker, player, bespeler, gokkerDutch
- spiller, skuespiller, musikerNorwegian
- naanéhígíí, naanéhéNavajo, Navaho
- jogaire, jogadorOccitan
- gracz, zawodnik, muzykPolish
- tocador, leitor, ator, brincalhão, player, apostador, jogadorPortuguese
- giujeader, giuieder, giuveder, giugadur, giovaderRomansh
- interpret, leneș, actriță, solist instrumentist, jucător, muzician, jucători, actorRomanian
- музыкант, плеер, исполнитель, проигрыватель, бездельник, лицедей, игрок, лентяйRussian
- giogadore, giogadori, zocadoreSardinian
- svirač, glùmica, sivrač, ìgrāč, izvođač, glúmac, sviràčica, kȍckār, igràčicaSerbo-Croatian
- muiker, musikant, spelare, skådespelareSwedish
- çalgıcı, oyunbaz, oyuncu, kumarcı, oynatıcıTurkish
Get even more translations for Player »
Find a translation for the Player definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)