"a constantly moving crowd"; "the moving parts of the machine"
arousing or capable of arousing deep emotion
"she laid her case of destitution before him in a very moving letter"- N. Hawthorne
used of a series of photographs presented so as to create the illusion of motion
"Her ambition was to be in moving pictures or `the movies'"
The relocation of goods
A causing of a movement
The rats' movings are willed movements.
(no comparative or superlative) That moves or move.
That causes someone to feel emotion.
a moving story
changing place or posture; causing motion or action; as, a moving car, or power
exciting movement of the mind; adapted to move the sympathies, passions, or affections; touching; pathetic; as, a moving appeal
the act of changing place or posture; esp., the act of changing one's dwelling place or place of business
Moving is a 1988 American comedy film starring Richard Pryor as Arlo Pear, a father moving his family cross-country. Other notable appearances in the film include Randy Quaid as an annoying neighbor, Dana Carvey as a man with multiple personalities hired to drive Pryor's car, musician Morris Day, and WWF wrestler King Kong Bundy as a monstrous mover. The movie is also the film debut of Stacey Dash, as Arlo's daughter Casey.
Verb form of the word move.
There were moving towards engagement and marriage as it just felt natural, real and amazing.Submitted by MaryC on January 2, 2020
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'MOVING' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1225
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'MOVING' in Written Corpus Frequency: #838
The numerical value of MOVING in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of MOVING in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Examples of MOVING in a Sentence
1. Eternal insomnia for days on end, the brain does not rest at all. You never sleep, because you are at work all day and then you dream that you are at work, wake up in the morning, go to work. Or do you dream that you wander somewhere, in nature, in the city, run away or fight with someone, and in the morning you complain that you are not getting enough sleep. 2. All memory in the cartridge. Life as a compact cassette, the contents of the reality of the subconscious - this is the content of the same cassette tape, all the memory deja vu on the reels of the cassette representing the past and future. 3. Artifacts of experience in the memory of past lives, live with us forever in the abyss of oblivion, and some like buoys emerge and warn of the depth of unconsciousness. 4. The chain of optimism is the weak link of naivety in human evolution. Optimism from a smile for a stranglehold of reality leading to the comic surrealism of the dreaming paradoxes of the human world. 5. Love is a night lamp from gloomy thoughts of the past. 6. Genius is telepathy with eternity. 7. Expressive horror, clownish smile of shock of truth, there are so many horrors and mental sufferings in it. An evil laugh of inevitability sounds. You are in the hands of a butcher of reality. All people from different dimensions of illusions do not hide from the truth, go play. 8. You hear the shocking laugh of brutal awareness. You are in the clown horror, the smile of the reality in the form of a clown becomes gigantic and it eats you moving to the zone of eternal laughter of indifference, where you are among faceless people in chains, on them plastic masks on the floor of the face with terrible smiles of disappointment a mask of nervous laughter emanates from them souls are cremated by despair; they don’t respond to you because they are undead unscrupulous. 9. Will turns life into a lucid dream. 10. Life is a two-room apartment, where one room is a city, the other is a dream. 11. The main thing in this world is family and awareness, the rest is decor. 12. Materialism is a cell of the mind that suppresses the will of the mind. 13. Enlarged or altered parts of the body are prostheses of pride, a disabled ego, you can see how the brain looks, but not the soul, a mutated mind exhausted by knowledge. 14. For a single person, the heart will become a friend, the body will be the soul, and the mind will become a horse. 15. Pride will take away the truth from the world without which there will be no future only spiritual poverty. 16. A frightening schizoid, bloody smile of rage burns with fire several hundred meters. Tearing the face and psyche and the skull itself, a delightful light smile of insensibility. 17. Time will show a complete psychological portrait of mankind to light and darkness. 18. Faith is stronger than all torture; there is nothing more powerful in the whole universe than faith that feeds will. 19. Truth - these are very strongly tightened strings, you need to play them very carefully and then you will hear an unforgettable melody of truth that may turn out to be the last in your life. 20. Reality is decomposing and all the ridiculous horrors of reality are visible, since you are in the lush chronosphere, where the quantum genetic transformations of the instincts of despair are in, in the projection of an alternative reality of the ego of power in which everything is programmed for decomposition. 21. An alternative is all that you have left. 22. Around you are bodypainting instincts of despair, a reflection of naked and at the same time false inner sensations and complexes. 23. Laughter and a frozen smile with tears is a state of doom that says that there is no more hope. Such laughter is heard in society, it is increasingly painful to look at the schizoid smiles of selfishness, under large bandanas in the form of eerie toothy smiles. You laugh until your heart stops. 24. You are in the unconscious, subconsciously instinctive, unpredictable chaos of the violent chronosphere, where the air is discharged and saturated with ignorance. You feel in yourself a silent smile of rage, the laugh of an ever-smiling death, in the intense silence of the unpredictable instincts of despair. You feel insult - this is rebirth, a laughing monster of disappointment, a smiling gloom, a crying smile, painted in the bright colors of depression, the laughter of this creature sounds in you for days, amplified by the laughter of people who laugh at you, you hear them ugly laugh, it gets louder and louder, you're scared, you cry and finally open your eyes, and realize that you are among strangers. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
What we have been saying is that by Feb. 16 (Monday) we want to reach a mutually beneficial agreement with our partners and we are moving in this direction.
I am not going to put a timeline on it, whether that's two months, six months, we are committed to moving forward in an expeditious moment to see if we can achieve what both leaders set out to do.
The focus is still on China and the demand concerns in China moving forward into 2016.
In 2015 we'll see more luxury ships are moving into Burma [ Myanmar ], it's a country filled with wonderful people and astonishing historic sites.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for MOVING
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- مؤثر, متحركArabic
- dojemná, dojemné, dojemnýCzech
- bewegend, rührendGerman
- liikuttava, liikkuva, koskettavaFinnish
- touchant, émouvantFrench
- megindító, megható, mozgóHungarian
- 感動的, 動くJapanese
- მოძრავი, ამაღელვებელიGeorgian
- bewegende, ontroerend, ontroerende, bewegendDutch
- comovente, moventePortuguese
- emoționantă, mișcător, emoționantRomanian
- волнующий, трогательный, движущийсяRussian
- rörande, rörligSwedish
Get even more translations for MOVING »
Find a translation for the MOVING definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)