director, manager, managing director(noun)
someone who controls resources and expenditures
coach, manager, handler(noun)
(sports) someone in charge of training an athlete or a team
A person whose job is to manage something, such as a business, a restaurant, or a sports team.
The head coach.
An administrator, for a singer or group.
(computer software) A window whose purpose is to give the user the control over some aspect of the software.
one who manages; a conductor or director; as, the manager of a theater
a person who conducts business or household affairs with economy and frugality; a good economist
a contriver; an intriguer
ManaGeR or MGR was an early windowing system originally designed and developed for Sun computers in 1984 by Stephen A. Uhler, then at Bellcore. MGR featured overlapped, asynchronous windows and an applications interface that was both machine and network independent. Each MGR window had support for both character terminal operations as well as basic graphics operations. It was controlled by mousing pop-up menus, by keyboard interaction, and by escape sequences written on pseudo-terminals by client software. The system was presented at the USENIX Fourth Computer Graphics Workshop in 1987 as "MGR - a Window System for UNIX". The entire MGR source code was posted to the comp.sources.unix Usenet newsgroup, Volume 17, Issue 1, in January 1989. Internally, MGR was pronounced as munger referring to mung, although the users pronounced each letter.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'MANAGER' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #690
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'MANAGER' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1131
Rank popularity for the word 'MANAGER' in Nouns Frequency: #189
The numerical value of MANAGER in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of MANAGER in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
A manager is an assistant to his men.
This is like a money manager in your pocket.
He was the kindest manager I’ve ever spoken to.
I hope in a few years I can have a manager position.
For peace of mind, we need to resign as general manager of the universe.
Images & Illustrations of MANAGER
Translations for MANAGER
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- manažer, správceCzech
- goruchwyliwr, trefnwr, rheolwrWelsh
- leder, chef, bestyrer, promotor, DirektørDanish
- Direktor, ManagerGerman
- διευθυντής, καλλιτεχνικός πράκτορας, διαχειριστήςGreek
- director, representante, gerente, gestorSpanish
- manageri, hallinta, johtajaFinnish
- directeur, gérante, manager, directrice, gérantFrench
- neach-stiùiridh, grèidhear, neach-riaghlaidhScottish Gaelic
- vezető, igazgató, menedzserHungarian
- մենեջեր, կառավարիչArmenian
- capo, impresario, direttore, gestore, responsabileItalian
- 支配人, 管理者, マネージャー, 経営者Japanese
- 管理者, 관리자Korean
- vadovas, direktorius, vadybininkas, valdytojas, vedėjasLithuanian
- vadītājs, direktorsLatvian
- impressario, leder, managerNorwegian
- menedżer, manager, kierownikPolish
- empresário, gerentePortuguese
- director, șef, impresarRomanian
- менеджер, директор, управляющийRussian
- директор, пословођа, poslovođa, direktor, менаџер, menadžerSerbo-Croatian
- menajer, yönetici, müdürTurkish
- người quản lýVietnamese
Get even more translations for MANAGER »
Find a translation for the MANAGER definition in other languages:
Select another language: