Definitions for Laptop
Here are all the possible meanings and translations of the word Laptop.
laptop, laptop computernoun
a portable computer small enough to use in your lap
A laptop computer.
A laptop computer is a portable personal computer with a clamshell form factor, suitable for mobile use. A laptop has most of the same components as a desktop computer, including a display, a keyboard, a pointing device such as a touchpad and/or a pointing stick, and speakers into a single unit. A laptop is powered by mains electricity via an AC adapter, and can be used away from an outlet using a rechargeable battery. Laptops are also sometimes called notebook computers or notebooks. Other terms, such as ultrabooks or netbooks, refer to specific types of laptop / notebook. Portable computers, originally monochrome CRT-based and developed into the modern laptops, were originally considered to be a small niche market, mostly for specialized field applications such as the military, accountants and sales representatives. As portable computers became smaller, lighter, cheaper, more powerful and as screens became larger and of better quality, laptops became very widely used for all sorts of purposes.
A type of computer created and designed in various colors, materials, mechanisms, shapes, sizes and styles.
The laptop works efficiently and effectively.
Submitted by MaryC on February 24, 2020
Song lyrics by laptop -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by laptop on the Lyrics.com website.
The numerical value of Laptop in Chaldean Numerology is: 4
The numerical value of Laptop in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Maria Chan body( is) still in my mind. Such a young man, its not worth it to chase after the laptop.
I'm going to be with him watching on a laptop, doesn't sound good, but it's one of those things. It could not beat church.
Comey said he had a secure FBI laptop waiting for him in his FBI vehicle and that when he got into the vehicle, he was handed the laptop and began typing as the vehicle moved.
I think that was my first indication that maybe the FBI was more interested in returning the laptop to the former owner and protecting the Bidens than they were protecting me or getting this to the proper channel.
Melody Loveless said. I use my laptop pretty much every day whether its browsing the web, watching videos and etc. Something in the computer realm always interested me, i like video editing but designing the app and seeing what works and what does n’t is honestly pretty cool.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for Laptop
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- حاسوب محمول, لابتوب, كمبيوتر محمولArabic
- ল্যাপটপ কম্পিউটার, ল্যাপটপBengali
- ordinador portàtil, portàtilCatalan, Valencian
- bærbar, bærbar computerDanish
- Klapprechner, LaptopGerman
- laptop, [[φορητός]] [[υπολογιστής]]Greek
- sinokomputilo, tekokomputiloEsperanto
- portátil, ordenador portátil, computadora portátil, computador portátilSpanish
- rüperaal, sülearvutiEstonian
- لپ تاپ, لپتاپPersian
- kannettava, kannettava tietokone, läppäriFinnish
- computadora portátil, portátil, computador portátil, ordenador portátilGalician
- מחשב ניידHebrew
- hordozható számítógép, laptop, notebookHungarian
- komputer jinjing, laptopIndonesian
- ferðatölva, fartölvaIcelandic
- il computer portatileItalian
- מחשב ניידHebrew
- ノートパソコン, ラップトップJapanese
- 노트, 랩톱Korean
- barrlennel, laptopCornish
- skreitinukas, skreitinis kompiuterisLithuanian
- лаптоп, преносен компјутерMacedonian
- komputer ribaMalay
- notebook, laptopDutch
- laptop, komputer przenośnyPolish
- portátil, computador portátilPortuguese
- laptop, calculator portabil, computer portabil, notebookRomanian
- лэптоп, портативный компьютер, ноутбукRussian
- prénosnīk, прије́носнӣк, prijénosnīk, пре́носнӣкSerbo-Croatian
- ජංගම පරිගණකයSinhala, Sinhalese
- bärbar dator, portföljdator, laptopSwedish
- dizüstü bilgisayar, dizüstüTurkish
- لیپ ٹاپUrdu
- máy tính xách tay, laptopVietnamese
Get even more translations for Laptop »
Find a translation for the Laptop definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Discuss these Laptop definitions with the community:
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"Laptop." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2022. Web. 10 Dec. 2022. <https://www.definitions.net/definition/Laptop>.