What does Dressed mean?
Definitions for Dressed
This dictionary definitions page includes all the possible meanings, example usage and translations of the word Dressed.
appareled, attired, dressed, garbed, garmented, habilimented, robedadjective
dressed or clothed especially in fine attire; often used in combination
"the elegantly attired gentleman"; "neatly dressed workers"; "monks garbed in hooded robes"; "went about oddly garmented"; "professors robed in crimson"; "tuxedo-attired gentlemen"; "crimson-robed Harvard professors"
treated with medications and protective covering
(of lumber or stone) to trim and smooth
dressed(p), dressed-up, dressed to the nines(p), dressed to kill(p), dolled up, spruced up, spiffed up, togged upadjective
dressed in fancy or formal clothing
same as attired.
covered with medication or a bandage ; -- of wounds.
trim and smooth; -- of lumber or stone.
Having a sandwich prepared with several fixings, typically lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Dressed' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #2811
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Dressed' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2928
Anagrams for Dressed »
The numerical value of Dressed in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of Dressed in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
Examples of Dressed in a Sentence
Urbanisation Minister Mehmet Ozhaseki:
We will give houses to all our brothers whose homes have been destroyed. Our levels of agreement are around 80 percent. When houses for the remaining 20 percent have been built and handed over, we will have dressed the wounds.
I worry about you. I feel like you are maybe self-destructive, i feel like you're going to be out dressed as Spider-Man on Hollywood Boulevard at the end of this whole thing.
I could see there was a man sitting on the ground, the executioners were lined up, they were dressed in black.
When I'm dressed like this, they know, 'OK, she's a Muslim girl.'.
They come dressed in uniforms, they have weapons, almost like a militia and I think we need to think about that in terms of our law enforcement approach.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for Dressed
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
Get even more translations for Dressed »
Find a translation for the Dressed definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"Dressed." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 28 May 2023. <https://www.definitions.net/definition/Dressed>.
Discuss these Dressed definitions with the community:
We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.
If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly.
You need to be logged in to favorite.