the condition of being susceptible to harm or injury
"you are in no danger"; "there was widespread danger of disease"
risk, peril, danger(noun)
a venture undertaken without regard to possible loss or injury
"he saw the rewards but not the risks of crime"; "there was a danger he would do the wrong thing"
a cause of pain or injury or loss
"he feared the dangers of traveling by air"
a dangerous place
"He moved out of danger"
Ability to harm; someone's dominion or power to harm or penalise. See In one's danger, below.
"You stand within his danger, do you not?" (Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice, 4:1:180)
Coyness; disdainful behavior.
A place where one is in the hands of the enemy.
Exposure to liable harm.
"Danger is a good teacher, and makes apt scholars" (William Hazlitt, Table talk).
An instance or cause of liable harm.
"Two territorial questions..unsettled..each of which was a positive danger to the peace of Europe" (Times, 5 Sept. 3/2).
"We put a Sting in him, / That at his will he may doe danger with" (Shakespeare, Julius Caesar, 2:1:17).
To claim liability.
To imperil; to endanger.
To run the risk.
authority; jurisdiction; control
power to harm; subjection or liability to penalty
exposure to injury, loss, pain, or other evil; peril; risk; insecurity
coyness; disdainful behavior
Danger, Inc. was a company specializing in hardware design, software, and services for mobile computing devices. Its most notable product was the T-Mobile Sidekick, which was the first smartphone to capture the attention of pop culture celebrities and teenagers. The Sidekick was a pioneer in client-server smartphones and created the App marketplace, later popularized by Android and iOS. Danger was acquired by Microsoft on 11 February 2008, for a price rumored to be around $500 million. The company was originally started by former Apple Inc., WebTV and Philips employees Andy Rubin, Joe Britt, and Matt Hershenson. Co-founder Andy Rubin left in 2003 to create the company Android, which was later acquired by Google. After the Microsoft acquisition, the former Danger staff were absorbed into the Mobile Communications Business of the Microsoft Entertainment and Devices Division, where they worked on a future mobile phone platform known as "Project Pink" which would eventually be released as Kin. Because of poor sales, production was ceased just a few weeks after its release. The Kin development team was folded into the Windows Phone team, and Microsoft stopped promoting the devices.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
dān′jėr, n. peril, hazard, or risk: insecurity: (obs.) power.—v.t. (Shak.) to endanger.—adj. Dan′gerous, full of danger: unsafe: insecure.—adv. Dan′gerously.—ns. Dan′gerousness; Dan′ger-sig′nal. [O. Fr. dangier, absolute power (of a feudal lord), hence power to hurt.—Low L. dominium, feudal authority—L. dominus, a lord. See Dungeon.]
Danger provided the software platform and hardware behind T-Mobile’s Sidekick phone. In its prime, the youth-friendly, messaging-focused phone handled over 4,000 messages and 400 pageviews per user per month, according to figures quoted on Danger’s website as of February 2008.Microsoft acquired Danger in 2008, and the company made headlines in 2009 when an issue with its servers caused users to lose all data not stored locally.On May 31, 2011, T-Mobile and Microsoft discontinued the cloud data service to all Danger-powered Sidekick devices.
Dictionary of Nautical Terms
Perils and hazard of the sea. Any rock or shoal which interferes with navigation.
The danger symbol -- In this Symbols.com article you will learn about the meaning of the danger symbol and its characteristic.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Danger' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1733
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Danger' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2124
Rank popularity for the word 'Danger' in Nouns Frequency: #614
gander, garden, grande, ranged
The numerical value of Danger in Chaldean Numerology is: 2
The numerical value of Danger in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
Examples of Danger in a Sentence
1. Steampunk socialization of personality is a carefully controlled animatronics of logic in the human psyche, in which a cyberpunk of another’s imagination is formed. 2. To understand yourself, you just need to put a small doll in the form of a clown on your hand so as not to go crazy, and on your second hand a toy sock, do not give them alternative personalities, but make them an extension of your soul to see yourself from the outside and listen to yourself. Your alternative personalities will help you understand yourself, but do not allow personalities to multiply by budding. 3. The same life every time in a new birth, the same dream, you either become a philosopher or find yourself insane, maybe we are ghosts locked in their time and everything repeats and we are holograms of memories of us, but in any case, you in a temporary trap where you need to learn one lesson: life without sins. Oblivion here is a dead loop of memory that gives a chance to rethink everything that was in your life, erasing memory as an anesthetic and antidepressant of the psyche, but oblivion prevents you from understanding a cruel joke about yourself. 4. The aphorism of philosophy is one of the many computer codes that turns into the algorithm of power over you in the subconscious. Starting to think in your own way, you disconnect from the network of global thinking and you are considered a defective crazy person whose logic algorithms whose name is deactivated are deactivated. 5. Better than money, only their lifelong dreams govern people. 6. Awareness of the name of his will and the interaction of the race of vision, a sincere world without selfishness. The reality of humanity will finally be included in the network and telephone communications of empathy. 7. The human world is a magnificent shadow theater, which demonstrates a truly brutal show. 8. Self-hypnosis stickers peel off from your brain over time. 9. The philosophy of good and light is an acupuncture of thinking, wellness acupuncture, the direction of the flow of worldview. 10. Silence makes you dumb, vulnerable and so brilliant. 11. Sleepy paralysis of laziness in the psyche of people is parasitized by fear. Whereas dreams are the levitation of the body in reality while the person is sleeping. 12. Life is like a children's dollhouse of a princess, where the whole machine form of zombies of life is visible in the palm of your hand, in this house and home and work, you are not asked for permission, you only have the inevitability and the schedule of the intended, vicious circle of the law of meanness, repeating deja vu dream samsara’s wheels like a hamster’s wheel is like a treadmill in the gym, you run to your goals, but you run on the spot. You hold your figure, that is, your body as a voodoo doll of self-deception. There is also a secret room where disputes with oneself do not cease, there are such rooms as reality, dreams, dreams. All life is a children's toy of higher powers, it is very similar to a hamster cage with pipes of illusions, it is a karmic cage of ironic humor about materialism. All this was created to understand a person, it is impossible to understand that until the end, because it will forever change depending on new and new accidents. 13. Any industry is a gas burner of angry motivation of the authorities. 14. Will is a shotgun as a very fantastic cosmo-blaster made of beautiful carved snow-white bones with an open jaw on the skull at the end. Weapons shooting energy of the spirit. 15. In this great crush of egoism, a lot of people die. 16. Reflective neurons are reflected from the neurons of other people. When approaching danger, it’s like glowing warning road signs of fear, in the pitch darkness of self-deception. All this is an empathy of fear, that very feeling when the feeling of true friendship, love, empathy in the claws of danger intensifies. 17. The pain of awareness, as if shot from a shotgun to the knee, you feel the infernal pain of insight, you feel the bloody taste of truth in your mouth. You can shout out all fear, but you will never be able to sober up from it to the end because fear is like saliva in your mouth. You are surrounded by a sound bomb, a lethal dose of the sound of laughter of the indifference of reality that will blow up the universe of mankind, you will only have a skeleton that will someday turn into a stone of eternal memory, flesh will grow flowers, and your spirit will turn into memoirs of planet earth. 18. The gloom of loneliness will give either holiness or madness. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
We don't have a lot of accidents now. When I started as an investigator in 1980 I did 45 accidents and incidents in five years. You get some investigators now who won't do 45 if they live to be 200, aviation is safe. You are in more danger going home in a car than in an airplane.
I'm so sad to learn that Bill Badger has passed away. Bill was not only a great man and a proud Army veteran, he was a hero, on Jan. 8, 2011, Bill was wounded in the head by a bullet from the gun of my would-be assassin. Not even pausing to realize he had been injured, Bill ran towards the shooter and towards danger so that he could help subdue him until the authorities arrived. I believe that Bill helped save lives that morning. And I will always be grateful to him for his selfless, brave actions. My heart, thoughts, and prayers are with Bill's loved ones as they mourn the loss of a great man.
At the end of the day, to our European friends, this is not working. You can go to Moscow until you turn blue in the face. Stand up to what is clearly a lie and a danger.
The President Richard Seeborg has, on numerous occasions, cited the dangerous situation on the other side of the U.S.-Mexico border, every moment it is in place, lives are in danger.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for Danger
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- خَطَر, خطرArabic
- опасност, заплахаBulgarian
- perillCatalan, Valencian
- Bedrohung, Gefahr, Risiko, AchtungGerman
- oht, hädaohtEstonian
- uhka, vaaraFinnish
- dainséar, contúirtIrish
- cunnartScottish Gaelic
- जोखिम, ख़तराHindi
- danjeHaitian Creole
- վտանգ, սպառնալիքArmenian
- қауіп, қатер, қауіптілікKazakh
- ಕುತ್ತ, ಅಪಾಯKannada
- 위험, 危險Korean
- briesmas, bīstamībaLatvian
- зэтгэр, аюулMongolian
- ဘယာ, ဘေးBurmese
- gevaar, bedreigingDutch
- niebezpieczeństwo, zagrożeniePolish
- privel, prighel, prievelRomansh
- primejdie, pericolRomanian
- угроза, опасностьRussian
- perígulu, pirígulu, perículuSardinian
- opasnost, опасностSerbo-Croatian
- අන්ත්රාවSinhala, Sinhalese
- அபாயம், ஆபத்துTamil
- ప్రమాదము, ప్రమాదంTelugu
- хавф, хатарTajik
- howp, hovpTurkmen
- загро́за, небезпека, небезпе́каUkrainian
- جوکھم, خطرہUrdu
- xatar, xavflilikUzbek
- nguy hiểm, 危險Vietnamese
Get even more translations for Danger »
Find a translation for the Danger definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)