Definitions for Daily
Here are all the possible meanings and translations of the word Daily.
a newspaper that is published every day
daily, day-to-day, day-by-day, day-after-dayadjective
of or belonging to or occurring every day
"daily routine"; "a daily paper"
casual, everyday, dailyadverb
appropriate for ordinary or routine occasions
"casual clothes"; "everyday clothes"
every day; without missing a day
"he stops by daily"
day by day, dailyadverb
gradually and progressively
"his health weakened day by day"
a newspaper that is published every day.
a cleaner who comes in daily.
a daily disposable.
quotidianly, every day
diurnally, by daylight
quotidian, that occurs every day, or at least every weekday/ working day
diurnal, by daylight, as opposed to nightly
Samuel Johnson's Dictionary
Happening every day, or very frequently; done every day; quotidian.
Etymology: daglic, Saxon.
Much are we bound to heaven
In daily thanks, that gave us such a prince. William Shakespeare, H. VIII.
Cease, man of woman born! to hope relief
From daily trouble, and continu’d grief. Matthew Prior.
Every day; very often.
Let that man with better sense advise,
That of the world least part to us is read;
And daily how through hardy enterprize,
Many great regions are discovered. Fairy Queen, b. ii.
I was ambitious to be acquainted with a man, with whom I conversed almost daily, for years together. John Dryden, Virg. Ded.
happening, or belonging to, each successive day; diurnal; as, daily labor; a daily bulletin
a publication which appears regularly every day; as, the morning dailies
every day; day by day; as, a thing happens daily
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
dā′li, adj. and adv. every day.—n. a daily paper.
To create, occur or schedule every day.
The daily cash flow of the business is managed responsibly and they have sufficient cash flow.
Submitted by MaryC on April 20, 2020
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Daily' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1859
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Daily' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2934
Rank popularity for the word 'Daily' in Adverbs Frequency: #363
Rank popularity for the word 'Daily' in Adjectives Frequency: #245
The numerical value of Daily in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of Daily in Pythagorean Numerology is: 6
It's a daily saga and it's so much unpredictability, given the potential acquirer [ Musk ] and what Elon Musk might do, above all, it's going to be a fun one to watch.
I just think Biden is declining, i don't think he has the energy. You see it almost daily. And I love the guy.
The media coverage in this case is like a bomb explosion : Hennepin and Ramsey counties are ground zero and although felt far and wide, the effects of the explosion diminish as they ripple outward from the Twin Cities, ever since the incident, potential jurors in the Twin Cities have been faced with daily, one-sided reminders of the events of May 25, 2020. Signs demanding.
The mature speak to God daily.
Rickshaw drivers do not know anything about these (online apps), they simply want their daily wages.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for Daily
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- daagliks, dagbladAfrikaans
- يوميًا, كل يومArabic
- ежедневник, всекидневно, ежедневен, катадневен, всекидневен, ежедневноBulgarian
- diari, diàriamentCatalan, Valencian
- denní, denněCzech
- daglig, dagligtDanish
- täglich, TageszeitungGerman
- ĉiutaga, ĉiutageEsperanto
- diario, cotidianamente, cotidiano, diurno, diariamenteSpanish
- egunero, eguneroko, egunkariBasque
- päivittäinen, päivittäin, päivälehtiFinnish
- dagligur, dagligaFaroese
- diurne, tous les jours, journalier, quotidiennement, quotidien, journellementFrench
- làitheilScottish Gaelic
- diariamente, diario, diariaGalician
- हर दिन, हर रोज़, रोज़, दैनिकHindi
- toulejouHaitian Creole
- mindennapi, nappali, mindennap, napi, napilapHungarian
- quotidian, quotidianmenteInterlingua
- giornaliero, quotidiano, ogni giorno, quotidianamente, tutti i giorni, giornalmente, donna di servizioItalian
- יום יומיHebrew
- 日刊新聞, 日刊紙, 毎日, 日々Japanese
- ყოველდღიური, ყოველდღეGeorgian
- រាល់ថ្ងៃ, ដែលប្រចាំថ្ងៃKhmer
- 日報, 每日, 매일, 매일의, 일보Korean
- ڕۆژانه, ڕۆژنامهKurdish
- дневен, дневен весник, секојдневен, секојдневноMacedonian
- kuljum praċettMaltese
- dagelijks, dagbladDutch
- daglig, dagsavisNorwegian
- dziennie, codziennie, codzienny, dziennik, co dzieńPolish
- diário, diarista, diariamentePortuguese
- zilnic, cotidian, ziarRomanian
- каждодне́вный, ежедневная газета, дневно́й, ежедне́вный, каждый день, ежедневник, ежедневноRussian
- дневне новине, свакодневноSerbo-Croatian
- denný, denneSlovak
- dagligen, daglig, dagstidningSwedish
- روز, ہر روز, ہر دنUrdu
- mổi ngàyVietnamese
- aldeliko, aldelikVolapük
Get even more translations for Daily »
Find a translation for the Daily definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Discuss these Daily definitions with the community:
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"Daily." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 31 Jan. 2023. <https://www.definitions.net/definition/Daily>.