lacking courage; ignobly timid and faint-hearted
"cowardly dogs, ye will not aid me then"- P.B.Shelley
In the manner of a coward.
Showing cowardice. Lacking in courage, unacceptably fearful, usually meant with some implication of a lack of consideration for others.
wanting courage; basely or weakly timid or fearful; pusillanimous; spiritless
proceeding from fear of danger or other consequences; befitting a coward; dastardly; base; as, cowardly malignity
in the manner of a coward
The numerical value of Cowardly in Chaldean Numerology is: 9
The numerical value of Cowardly in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
Examples of Cowardly in a Sentence
Cowardly dogs bark loudest.
Obedience is only practiced by the cowardly.
Marriage is the only adventure open to the cowardly.
A conservative is a man who is too cowardly to fight and too fat to run.
One of the chief misfortunes of honest people is that they are cowardly.
Images & Illustrations of Cowardly
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for Cowardly
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- covard, covardamentCatalan, Valencian
- ruin, vilSpanish
- veule, lâchement, lâche, basFrench
- vile, vigliacco, vilmente, pusillanimamente, pusillanime, codardo, vigliaccamenteItalian
- feigNorwegian Nynorsk
- covardemente, cobardemente, covarde, cobardePortuguese
- laș, mișel, fricosRomanian
- малоду́шный, трусли́вый, малоду́шно, трусли́воRussian
- dredöfiko, dredöfo, hidredöfaniko, dredöfik, jidredöfaniko, dredöfanikoVolapük
Get even more translations for Cowardly »
Find a translation for the Cowardly definition in other languages:
Select another language: