surely, certainly, sure, for sure, for certain, sure enough, sure as shootingadverb
definitely or positively (`sure' is sometimes used informally for `surely')
"the results are surely encouraging"; "she certainly is a hard worker"; "it's going to be a good day for sure"; "they are coming, for certain"; "they thought he had been killed sure enough"; "he'll win sure as shooting"; "they sure smell good"; "sure he'll come"
In a way which is certain; with certainty.
Without doubt, surely; of course.
An emphatic affirmative answer.
Would you like it with ice? Certainly, and with lemon please.
without doubt or question; unquestionably
In a certain manner
We certainly require some night rain for the garden and fields.Submitted by MaryC on May 30, 2020
Certainly vs. Definitely -- In this Grammar.com article you will learn the differences between Certainly and Definitely.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Certainly' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #572
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Certainly' in Written Corpus Frequency: #323
Rank popularity for the word 'Certainly' in Adverbs Frequency: #71
The numerical value of Certainly in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of Certainly in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
We have an opportunity to set a fresh approach in our relationship, i certainly hope that this is going to be an era of greater cooperation and mutual benefit.
The country has to fix a lot of problems, i don't know if we'll fix them here, but we will certainly talk about them.
I'm inclined to think we'll reach some agreements and move forward... but certainly there's a lot of posturing and positioning, and it can be a little nerve-racking for investors who are wondering which companies and which countries might be affected and how.
We've done more than most but certainly not enough. You're going to see a continued focus from this company that will be quite technology agnostic, It may be niche today but in the future I think it is going to be front and center as to how diseases are managed.
It could certainly be the lowest growth rate in US history.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for Certainly
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- بالتأكيد, بدون شك, بدون نقاش, من المؤكدArabic
- разбира се, несъмнено, безспорноBulgarian
- certamentCatalan, Valencian
- jistě, zajisté, nepochybně, určitěCzech
- zweifellos, natürlich, gewiss, freilich, sicherlich, sicherGerman
- βεβαίως, ασφαλώς, σίγουραGreek
- ciertamente, sin duda, por supuestoSpanish
- بطور محرزPersian
- totta kai, epäilemättä, kyllä kiitos, todellakin, ilman muuta, varmastiFinnish
- sans nul doute, pour sûr, sûrement, bien sûr, certainement, sans aucun doute, évidemmentFrench
- בוודאי, בוודאותHebrew
- անշուշտ, իհարկե, անկասկածArmenian
- もちろん, 絶対, 必ず, 確実, 全く, 確かに, その通りJapanese
- anaoa, apa ia, āpāiaMāori
- beslist, voorzeker, en of, zeker, waarlijkDutch
- zdecydowanie, z pewnością, na pewnoPolish
- sem dúvida, certamentePortuguese
- desigur, bineînțelesRomanian
- несомненно, конечно, непременно, безусловно, навернякаRussian
- несумњиво, dakako, свакако, svakako, sigurno, naravno, zacijelo, doista, nesumnjivo, наравно, дакакоSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for Certainly »
Find a translation for the Certainly definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)