surely, certainly, sure, for sure, for certain, sure enough, sure as shooting(adverb)
definitely or positively (`sure' is sometimes used informally for `surely')
"the results are surely encouraging"; "she certainly is a hard worker"; "it's going to be a good day for sure"; "they are coming, for certain"; "they thought he had been killed sure enough"; "he'll win sure as shooting"; "they sure smell good"; "sure he'll come"
In a way which is certain; with certainty.
Without doubt, surely; of course.
An emphatic affirmative answer.
Would you like it with ice? Certainly, and with lemon please.
without doubt or question; unquestionably
We certainly require some night rain for the garden and fields.Submitted by MaryC on May 30, 2020
Certainly vs. Definitely -- In this Grammar.com article you will learn the differences between Certainly and Definitely.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Certainly' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #572
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Certainly' in Written Corpus Frequency: #323
Rank popularity for the word 'Certainly' in Adverbs Frequency: #71
The numerical value of Certainly in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of Certainly in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Examples of Certainly in a Sentence
If I wanted to I could make it tougher on myself. I don't think that's really the goal, i know how to get ready for grand slams. I'm certainly not thinking about that I need that type of match. My goal is to go out there and do the right things.
I think frustrations were high, and, I think that he understands that from a leadership position, that we cant lose control and that he knows that thats not something that should have happened, and its certainly not something that he intends to have happen again.
The low inflation profile will certainly keep the Fed communicating a gradual glide path, but little in the July CPI report suggests that hikes should be delayed.
The Saudi-Iran standoff is certainly one to worry over given its ramifications for oil supply, but the equity markets selloff is more pressing and difficult to ignore because of the impact of China on the global economy and overall demand for oil.
It's not going to be like anything we've seen so far during this Tour, i will give my best and I hope I won't crack. I will certainly not give up.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for Certainly
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- بالتأكيد, بدون شك, بدون نقاش, من المؤكدArabic
- разбира се, несъмнено, безспорноBulgarian
- certamentCatalan, Valencian
- jistě, zajisté, nepochybně, určitěCzech
- zweifellos, natürlich, gewiss, freilich, sicherlich, sicherGerman
- βεβαίως, ασφαλώς, σίγουραGreek
- ciertamente, sin duda, por supuestoSpanish
- بطور محرزPersian
- totta kai, epäilemättä, kyllä kiitos, todellakin, ilman muuta, varmastiFinnish
- sans nul doute, pour sûr, sûrement, bien sûr, certainement, sans aucun doute, évidemmentFrench
- בוודאי, בוודאותHebrew
- անշուշտ, իհարկե, անկասկածArmenian
- もちろん, 絶対, 必ず, 確実, 全く, 確かに, その通りJapanese
- anaoa, apa ia, āpāiaMāori
- beslist, voorzeker, en of, zeker, waarlijkDutch
- zdecydowanie, z pewnością, na pewnoPolish
- sem dúvida, certamentePortuguese
- desigur, bineînțelesRomanian
- несомненно, конечно, непременно, безусловно, навернякаRussian
- несумњиво, dakako, свакако, svakako, sigurno, naravno, zacijelo, doista, nesumnjivo, наравно, дакакоSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for Certainly »
Find a translation for the Certainly definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)