Definitions for wonderfulˈwʌn dər fəl
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word wonderful
fantastic, grand, howling(a), marvelous, marvellous, rattling(a), terrific, tremendous, wonderful, wondrous(adj)
extraordinarily good or great ; used especially as intensifiers
"a fantastic trip to the Orient"; "the film was fantastic!"; "a howling success"; "a marvelous collection of rare books"; "had a rattling conversation about politics"; "a tremendous achievement"
Tending to excite wonder; surprising, extraordinary.
Surprisingly excellent; very good or admirable, extremely impressive.
They served a wonderful six-course meal.
adapted to excite wonder or admiration; surprising; strange; astonishing
"Wonderful" is a song written by Brian Wilson and Van Dyke Parks, for the American rock band The Beach Boys, about a young woman and her steadfast embrace of adolescence through the loss of her own virginity. It was to be included on the ill-fated 1966–1967 Smile album. A minimalist version was released on their 1967 album Smiley Smile. A re-recording was later released as a single for Brian Wilson's 2004 album Smile. The song has been covered by a variety of independent artists, including Adventures In Stereo, Nikki Sudden, and Outrageous Cherry.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'wonderful' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #2356
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'wonderful' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1112
Rank popularity for the word 'wonderful' in Adjectives Frequency: #278
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Images & Illustrations of wonderful
Translations for wonderful
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- meravellósCatalan, Valencian
- báječný, skvělýCzech
- wunderbar, wundervollGerman
- υπέροχος, έξοχος, θαυμάσιος, εκπληκτικός, καταπληκτικόςGreek
- شگرف, شگفتPersian
- hieno, loistava, ihana, mainioFinnish
- mìorbhaileachScottish Gaelic
- yndislegur, dásamlegur, undursamlegurIcelandic
- mirabilis, mira, mirum, mirusLatin
- wonnerbarLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- fantastisch, heerlijkDutch
- vidunderlegNorwegian Nynorsk
- underfull, vidunderligNorwegian
- zadziwiający, cudowny, zdumiewający, wspaniałyPolish
- maravilhosa, maravilhosoPortuguese
- чудесный, замечательный, восхитительныйRussian
Get even more translations for wonderful »
Find a translation for the wonderful definition in other languages:
Select another language: