situation, state of affairs(noun)
the general state of things; the combination of circumstances at a given time
"the present international situation is dangerous"; "wondered how such a state of affairs had come about"; "eternal truths will be neither true nor eternal unless they have fresh meaning for every new social situation"- Franklin D.Roosevelt
a condition or position in which you find yourself
"the unpleasant situation (or position) of having to choose between two evils"; "found herself in a very fortunate situation"
a complex or critical or unusual difficulty
"the dangerous situation developed suddenly"; "that's quite a situation"; "no human situation is simple"
physical position in relation to the surroundings
"the sites are determined by highly specific sequences of nucleotides"
position, post, berth, office, spot, billet, place, situation(noun)
a job in an organization
"he occupied a post in the treasury"
The way in which something is positioned vis-u00E0-vis its surroundings.
The place in which something is situated; a location.
Position or status with regard to conditions and circumstances.
The combination of circumstances at a given moment; a state of affairs.
A position of employment; a post.
A difficult or unpleasant set of circumstances; a problem.
manner in which an object is placed; location, esp. as related to something else; position; locality site; as, a house in a pleasant situation
position, as regards the conditions and circumstances of the case
relative position; circumstances; temporary state or relation at a moment of action which excites interest, as of persons in a dramatic scene
permanent position or employment; place; office; as, a situation in a store; a situation under government
Situation is a Juno-nominated album by Buck 65 released on October 30, 2007.
Song lyrics by situation -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by situation on the Lyrics.com website.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'situation' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #641
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'situation' in Written Corpus Frequency: #504
Rank popularity for the word 'situation' in Nouns Frequency: #186
The numerical value of situation in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of situation in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
It's not the situation... It's your reaction to the situation.
It is not the situation that makes the man, but the man who makes the situation.
It's a very volatile situation. It's a very fluid situation. It is a very dangerous situation.
We now have people in the highest offices of the Catholic Church who understand the situation in Cuba, the situation in Latin America, and who also understand the need for a different roadmap to lasting peace.
Humans always have fear of an unknown situation -- this is normal. The important thing is what we do about it. If fear is permitted to become a paralyzing thing that interferes with proper action, then it is harmful. The best antidote to fear is to know all we can about a situation.
Images & Illustrations of situation
Translations for situation
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- حَالَة, مَوْقِع, حالةArabic
- хәл, урын, торош, урынлашыуBashkir
- situace, poloha, místoCzech
- Situation, Lage, Platz, Zustand, Stellung, OrtGerman
- κατάσταση, θέση, τοποθεσίαGreek
- nivel, localización, estado, puesto, situación, ubicaciónSpanish
- موقعیت, وضعیتPersian
- tilanne, olot, olosuhteet, tehtävä, sijainti, asema, työpaikkaFinnish
- localisation, situation, emploi, poste, lieuFrench
- suidheachadhScottish Gaelic
- מיקום, מצבHebrew
- állás, helyzet, körülmények, viszonyok, hely, fekvés, munkaalkalomHungarian
- 情況, 状況, 場所, 状態, 情勢, 境遇, 位置Japanese
- 위치, 상황, 상태, 장소Korean
- stāvoklis, situācijaLatvian
- pozycja, położenie, sytuacjaPolish
- posição, situação, localizaçãoPortuguese
- posturi, poziție, stare, etapă, situație, stadiu, situare, localizare, postRomanian
- ситуа́ция, местоположе́ние, пози́ция, состоя́ние, положе́ние, расположе́ние, обстано́вка, до́лжность, местонахожде́ниеRussian
- situation, läge, plats, ställning, tjänst, anställning, placering, statusSwedish
- స్థితి, పరిస్థితిTelugu
- розташува́ння, пос́ада, стан, ситуа́ція, поло́ження, обстано́вка, місцеполо́женняUkrainian
- địa điểm, vị tríVietnamese
Get even more translations for situation »
Find a translation for the situation definition in other languages:
Select another language: