truly, genuinely, really(adverb)
in accordance with truth or fact or reality
"she was now truly American"; "a genuinely open society"; "they don't really listen to us"
in actual fact
"to be nominally but not actually independent"; "no one actually saw the shark"; "large meteorites actually come from the asteroid belt"
in truth, really, truly(adverb)
in fact (used as intensifiers or sentence modifiers)
"in truth, moral decay hastened the decline of the Roman Empire"; "really, you shouldn't have done it"; "a truly awful book"
very, really, real, rattling(adverb)
used as intensifiers; `real' is sometimes used informally for `really'; `rattling' is informal
"she was very gifted"; "he played very well"; "a really enjoyable evening"; "I'm real sorry about it"; "a rattling good yarn"
Actually; in fact; in reality.
"He really is a true friend." / "Really? What makes you so sure?"
Very (modifying an adjective); very much (modifying a verb).
But ma, I really, really want to go to the show!
Indicating surprise at, or requesting confirmation of, some new information; to express skepticism.
Indicating that what was just said was obvious and unnecessary; contrived incredulity
Indicating affirmation, agreement.
Indicating displeasure at another person's behaviour or statement.
Well, really! How rude.
in a real manner; with or in reality; actually; in truth
Really is the second album by J. J. Cale. It was released in 1973.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
rē-a-lī′, v.t. (Spens.) to bring together again: to reform.—v.t. to arrange again.—n. Reallī′ance, a renewed alliance.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'really' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #263
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'really' in Written Corpus Frequency: #98
Rank popularity for the word 'really' in Adverbs Frequency: #31
The numerical value of really in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of really in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Justin and Jaden are Mets fans, which tells us a lot of about them. It means they are really tough and really committed and really, really, really loyal.
People are really upset and it's really hard, just because for the last couple of years, we haven't received a really big cyclone like this one, most people right now, they are really homeless.
This is a country where I was a really, really sick kid, and I grew up and I became really, really successful, and I think my kids can do it to, this is a country where if you try really hard, anybody can do anything.
The trick that I really wanted to do with this was to make that dark and gritty version that everybody keeps talking about, but really do it, really see if I could totally accomplish it with essentially a really incredible incredibly silly property.
They were so cute. I get really relaxed( but the) nail was really sharp so it was hurting, otherwise it was really fun, actually, outside is really changing around me. It's really different. A lot of media stuff, especially in Japan. I feel more attention.
Images & Illustrations of really
Translations for really
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- والله؟, ليس معقل!, حقًاArabic
- realmentCatalan, Valencian
- skutečně, opravduCzech
- stimmt, in der Tat, wirklich, tatsächlich?, was Sie nicht sagen, wirklich?, was du nicht sagstGerman
- πράγματι, αληθινά, αλήθεια, όντως, πραγματικάGreek
- ĉu vere?Esperanto
- verdaderamente, realmente, de veras, en serio, de verdadSpanish
- واقعاً؟, واقعاً که!, واقعاً, جداً؟Persian
- ihanko totta, todella, totta, tosi, todellako, todellakin, oikeastiFinnish
- tényleg, komolyan, igaz, igazán, valóbanHungarian
- ezị okwuIgbo
- virkilega, raunverulega, virkilega?, raunar, sannarlegaIcelandic
- まじ, 本当, へえ, ほんと, 本真Japanese
- 진짜, 참, 진짜로, 그래요?, 정말로Korean
- vere, itane, vero, an vero, an, anneLatin
- āta koia, nēMāori
- werkelijk, werkelijk?, echt?Dutch
- tʼáásh aanííNavajo, Navaho
- czyżby, naprawdę, właśnie, doprawdyPolish
- mesmo, realmente, na verdade, sério?Portuguese
- pe buneRomanian
- разве?, правда, правда?, действительноRussian
- egentligen, säger du det?, verkligen, sannerligen, verkligen?, jaså?Swedish
- చాలా, నిజంగాTelugu
- aslında, öyle mi, gerçekten, harbiden mi, cidden, harbiden, gerçekten mi, gerçekten deTurkish
- thật sao?, vậy à?, thế à?, thật sựVietnamese
Get even more translations for really »
Find a translation for the really definition in other languages:
Select another language: