other than as supposed or expected
"the outcome was otherwise"
in other respects or ways
"he is otherwise normal"; "the funds are not otherwise available"; "an otherwise hopeless situation"
differently, otherwise, other than(adverb)
in another and different manner
"very soon you will know differently"; "she thought otherwise"; "there is no way out other than the fire escape";
Differently, in another way.
You may be right, but I think otherwise.
In different circumstances; or else.
In all other respects.
He prayed to Neptune every day. Otherwise he behaved rationally.
Other than supposed, different.
He said he didnu2019t do it, but the evidence was otherwise.
Song lyrics by otherwise -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by otherwise on the Lyrics.com website.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'otherwise' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1233
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'otherwise' in Written Corpus Frequency: #909
Rank popularity for the word 'otherwise' in Adverbs Frequency: #115
The numerical value of otherwise in Chaldean Numerology is: 2
The numerical value of otherwise in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise.
We must always change, renew, rejuvenate ourselves otherwise we harden.
He's doing fine. He's lost a little appetite but otherwise has no complications at the moment.
The courage to imagine the otherwise is our greatest resource, adding color and suspense to all our life.
There's a draw towards doing something where you have to deal with situations in the moment, you have to make decisions as quickly as possible, otherwise – well, there is no 'otherwise'. You just have to.
Images & Illustrations of otherwise
Translations for otherwise
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- عكس ذلكArabic
- altramentCatalan, Valencian
- sonst, ansonsten, andernfalls, andersGerman
- alikaze, aliokaze, alimaniereEsperanto
- si no, por lo demás, de otra manera, por otra parte, fuera de eso, aparte de esto, de lo contrarioSpanish
- در غیر این صورتPersian
- muutoin, muuten, toisinFinnish
- sinon, autrement, pour le resteFrench
- a chaochladhScottish Gaelic
- नहीं तोHindi
- a parte ciò, per altri aspetti, in altre circostanze, differentementeItalian
- 他の点では, その他, さもなくばJapanese
- anders, anderszinsDutch
- poza tym, inaczejPolish
- [[de]] [[outra]] [[forma]]/[[maneira]], diferente, no mais, diferentemente, contrário, [[fora]] [[isso]], senão, em contrário, [[de]] [[outro]] [[jeito]]/[[modo]]Portuguese
- в прочем, иначе, в других отношенияхRussian
- i övrigt, annars, annorlunda, i annat fallSwedish
Get even more translations for otherwise »
Find a translation for the otherwise definition in other languages:
Select another language: