Definitions for organizationˌɔr gə nəˈzeɪ ʃən
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word organization
a group of people who work together
arrangement, organization, organisation, system(noun)
an organized structure for arranging or classifying
"he changed the arrangement of the topics"; "the facts were familiar but it was in the organization of them that he was original"; "he tried to understand their system of classification"
administration, governance, governing body, establishment, brass, organization, organisation(noun)
the persons (or committees or departments etc.) who make up a body for the purpose of administering something
"he claims that the present administration is corrupt"; "the governance of an association is responsible to its members"; "he quickly became recognized as a member of the establishment"
the act of organizing a business or an activity related to a business
"he was brought in to supervise the organization of a new department"
organization, organisation, system(noun)
an ordered manner; orderliness by virtue of being methodical and well organized
"his compulsive organization was not an endearing quality"; "we can't do it unless we establish some system around here"
the activity or result of distributing or disposing persons or things properly or methodically
"his organization of the work force was very efficient"
constitution, establishment, formation, organization, organisation(noun)
the act of forming or establishing something
"the constitution of a PTA group last year"; "it was the establishment of his reputation"; "he still remembers the organization of the club"
The quality of being organized.
This painting shows little organization at first glance, but little by little the structure becomes clear.
The way in which something is organized, such as a book or an article.
The organization of the book is as follows.
A group of people or other legal entities with an explicit purpose and written rules.
A group of people consciously cooperating.
Over time, the spontaneous movement had become an organization.
A major league club and all its farm teams.
He's been in the Dodgers' organization since 2003.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'organization' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1662
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'organization' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1607
Rank popularity for the word 'organization' in Nouns Frequency: #485
Translations for organization
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- هيئة, تشكيل, تنظيم, ترتيب, مؤسسة, منظمةArabic
- qurum, təşkilatAzerbaijani
- organitzacióCatalan, Valencian
- uspořádání, organizaceCzech
- Organisation, OrdnungGerman
- οργάνωση, οργανισμόςGreek
- organizaĵo, organizoEsperanto
- korraldus, organiseeritus, selts, organisatsioon, ühing, korraldatusEstonian
- järjestö, rakenne, järjestys, organisoituminen, järjestäytyminen, organisaatioFinnish
- òganizasyonHaitian Creole
- կազմակերպվածություն, կազմակերպությունArmenian
- pengaturan, organisasiIndonesian
- 機構, 組織, 団体Japanese
- ڕێکخراو, دهسگاKurdish
- organizacija, organizavimas, organizuotumas, tvarkingumasLithuanian
- pertubuhan, organisasiMalay
- organisatie, ordeningDutch
- organisasjonNorwegian Nynorsk
- organizație, organizareRomanian
- организация, организованностьRussian
- organizacija, организацијаSerbo-Croatian
- organisation, organiseringSwedish
- tổ chứcVietnamese
Get even more translations for organization »
Find a translation for the organization definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these organization definitions with the community:
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"organization." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2015. Web. 1 Feb. 2015. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/organization>.