Definitions for landlockedˈlændˌlɒkt
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word landlocked
surrounded entirely or almost entirely by land
"a landlocked country"
Surrounded by land (having no borders with the sea).
Switzerland is landlocked and obviously will never be a great sea power and must always trade overland.
Living in freshwater, such as landlocked salmon.
inclosed, or nearly inclosed, by land
confined to a fresh-water lake by reason of waterfalls or dams; -- said of fishes that would naturally seek the sea, after spawning; as, the landlocked salmon
Translations for landlocked
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- sense litoralCatalan, Valencian
- sin litoralSpanish
- enclavé, sans littoralFrench
- tengerrel nem határosHungarian
- binnen, door, omgeven, landDutch
- continental, închis (''terestru'')Romanian
- [[окружённый]] [[суша, континентальныйRussian
- континенталан, kontinentalanSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for landlocked »
Find a translation for the landlocked definition in other languages:
Select another language: