surrounded entirely or almost entirely by land
"a landlocked country"
Surrounded by land (having no borders with the sea).
Switzerland is landlocked and obviously will never be a great sea power and must always trade overland.
Living in freshwater, such as landlocked salmon.
inclosed, or nearly inclosed, by land
confined to a fresh-water lake by reason of waterfalls or dams; -- said of fishes that would naturally seek the sea, after spawning; as, the landlocked salmon
The numerical value of landlocked in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of landlocked in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9
Images & Illustrations of landlocked
Translations for landlocked
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- sense litoralCatalan, Valencian
- sin litoralSpanish
- enclavé, sans littoralFrench
- tengerrel nem határosHungarian
- binnen, door, omgeven, landDutch
- continental, închis (''terestru'')Romanian
- [[окружённый]] [[суша, континентальныйRussian
- континенталан, kontinentalanSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for landlocked »
Find a translation for the landlocked definition in other languages:
Select another language: