Definitions for landline
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word landline
land line, landline(noun)
a telephone line that travels over terrestrial circuits
"a land line can be wire or fiber optics or microwave"
A fixed telephone communications cable.
a telephone connected by such a fixed wire, specifically not wireless/mobile.
A landline telephone refers to a phone which uses a solid medium telephone line such as a metal wire or fiber optic cable for transmission as distinguished from a mobile cellular line which uses radio waves for transmission. In 2003, the CIA reported approximately 1.263 billion main telephone lines worldwide. China had more than any other country at 350 million and the United States was second with 268 million. The United Kingdom has 23.7 million residential fixed landlines. In 2008, the world had 1.27 billion fixed line subscribers.
The numerical value of landline in Chaldean Numerology is: 9
The numerical value of landline in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
They are neither landline nor mobile phone numbers, which were initially suspected. But we are investigating further.
Alongside the adverse impact on the cellular operation, (Cellcom) is operating and investing in future growth engines in the landline sector, which we expect over time to lead to growth in revenues and improvement in profitability.
Since it seems nearly everyone has a phone on them nowadays, it ’s rare that someone would have to run off to use a landline and leave someone clinically unstable alone, at the very least, a cell in every hand has helped bystanders activate emergency medical services more rapidly.
Images & Illustrations of landline
Translations for landline
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- pevná linka, stabilCzech
- telefonía fija, teléfono fijo, línea fijaSpanish
- lankalinja, kiinteä linja, lankapuhelinFinnish
- ligne fixe, téléphone fixeFrench
- telefonía fixa, teléfono fixoGalician
- vezetékes telefonHungarian
- telefonia fissaItalian
- telefon stacjonarnyPolish
- telefonia fixa, telefone fixoPortuguese
- линия проводной связи, городской телефон, стационарный телефон, фиксированный телефон, наземная линия связи, наземный телефонRussian
- фиксна линија, фиксни телефон, fiksna linija, fiksni telefonSerbo-Croatian
- telefon hattı, sabit hatTurkish
Get even more translations for landline »
Find a translation for the landline definition in other languages:
Select another language: