tramp, hobo, bum(noun)
a disreputable vagrant
"a homeless tramp"; "he tried to help the really down-and-out bums"
A homeless, usually penniless person, in some way associated with a life along the rails.
A migratory laborer
A tramp, vagabond; hence bum
To be a hobo, tramp, bum etc.
Joe idly hoboed through half the country till he realized hoboing never gets you anywhere in life.
Origin: a contraction of or English dialect hawbuck.
A hobo is a migratory worker or homeless vagabond, especially one who is penniless. The term originated in the Western—probably Northwestern—United States during the last decade of the 19th century. Unlike "tramps", who work only when they are forced to, and "bums", who do not work at all, "hobos" are workers who wander.
The numerical value of hobo in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of hobo in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
Images & Illustrations of hobo
Translations for hobo
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- rodamónCatalan, Valencian
- vagabond, clodo, saisonnier, clochard, sans-abriFrench
- vagabondo, senzatettoItalian
- zwerver, vagebond, landloper, leegloper, daklozeDutch
- włóczęga, tramp, bezdomny, kloszard, robotnik sezonowy, wagabundaPolish
- sazonal, vagabundo, vagabunda, mendiga, mendigoPortuguese
- бездомный, бомжRussian
- vagabond, luffareSwedish
Get even more translations for hobo »
Find a translation for the hobo definition in other languages:
Select another language: