Definitions for genericdʒəˈnɛr ɪk
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word generic
generic, generic wine(noun)
a wine that is a blend of several varieties of grapes with no one grape predominating; a wine that does not carry the name of any specific grape
any product that can be sold without a brand name
relating to or common to or descriptive of all members of a genus
"the generic name"
(of drugs) not protected by trademark
"`Acetaminophen' is the generic form of the proprietary drug `Tylenol'"
applicable to an entire class or group
"is there a generic Asian mind?"
A product sold under a generic name
A wine that is a blend of several wines, or made from a blend of several grape varieties
A term that specifies neither male nor female.
Very comprehensive; pertaining or appropriate to large classes or groups as opposed to specific
Of, or relating to a genus
Not having a brand name
Of a drug identified by its chemical name
Specifying neither masculine nor feminine e.g. salesperson
(Of program code) Written so as to operate on any data type, the type required being passed as a parameter.
Origin: Formed in English from .
alt. of Generical
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
-al, Generically. See Genus.
The numerical value of generic in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of generic in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Your problems and mine, they are nothing new. They are all just another small part of the generic nightmare.
Moralistic is not moral. And as for truth -- well, it's like brown -- it's not in the spectrum. Truth is so generic.
Iran has a very well developed pharmaceutical industry which is largely self-sufficient, it's very much a generic industry and they have a very strong generic prescription policy.
The future of pharmacy is really about being a low cost buyer of generic drugs and capability to dispense specialty drugs and that is an area of challenge for several supermarket operators.
It's very much a generic industry and they have a very strong generic prescription policy, so when you look at availability of medicines they actually managed quite well despite the sanctions.
Images & Illustrations of generic
Translations for generic
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- شامِل, مُحِيطٌ, كُلِّيّ, شُمُولِيّ, جامِع, إِجْمالِيّ, عَمِيم, مُطْلَق, عُمُومِيّ, عامّ, عامArabic
- genèricCatalan, Valencian
- gattungsmäßig, artmäßig, typisch, generisch, allgemein, Generikum, arttypisch, genericGerman
- γενόσημο, γενικός, γενόσημοςGreek
- yleinen, suku-, [[geneerinen]] [[tuote]], geneerinen, yleis-Finnish
- générique, produit générique, médicament génériqueFrench
- gneitheachScottish Gaelic
- generisk, merkelo/s, kjo/nnsno/ytralNorwegian
- обобщённый, джене́рик, о́бщий, [[непатентованный, родово́й, всео́бщий, [[нема́рочный]]/[[безма́рочный]] [[товар]], безма́рочный, [[немарочный, нема́рочный, видово́й, общийRussian
- soyuna özgü, familyaya ait, üreysel, generic, eşdeğer, cinsle ilgili, kapsamlı, genelleyici, genelTurkish
Get even more translations for generic »
Find a translation for the generic definition in other languages:
Select another language: