Definitions for genericdʒəˈnɛr ɪk
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word generic
generic, generic wine(noun)
a wine that is a blend of several varieties of grapes with no one grape predominating; a wine that does not carry the name of any specific grape
any product that can be sold without a brand name
relating to or common to or descriptive of all members of a genus
"the generic name"
(of drugs) not protected by trademark
"`Acetaminophen' is the generic form of the proprietary drug `Tylenol'"
applicable to an entire class or group
"is there a generic Asian mind?"
A product sold under a generic name
A wine that is a blend of several wines, or made from a blend of several grape varieties
A term that specifies neither male nor female.
Very comprehensive; pertaining or appropriate to large classes or groups as opposed to specific
Of, or relating to a genus
Not having a brand name
Of a drug identified by its chemical name
Specifying neither masculine nor feminine e.g. salesperson
(Of program code) Written so as to operate on any data type, the type required being passed as a parameter.
Origin: Formed in English from .
alt. of Generical
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Your problems and mine, they are nothing new. They are all just another small part of the generic nightmare.
Moralistic is not moral. And as for truth -- well, it's like brown -- it's not in the spectrum. Truth is so generic.
You have a real lack of healthcare infrastructure which doesn't even enable generic companies to bring medicines to the Indian population.
In the world there are 450 million annual television spectators, that's very important and Renault will be the only generic make present in Formula One with its own team.
Iran has a very well developed pharmaceutical industry which is largely self-sufficient, it's very much a generic industry and they have a very strong generic prescription policy.
Images & Illustrations of generic
Translations for generic
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- شامِل, مُحِيطٌ, كُلِّيّ, شُمُولِيّ, جامِع, إِجْمالِيّ, عَمِيم, مُطْلَق, عُمُومِيّ, عامّArabic
- genèricCatalan, Valencian
- gattungsmäßig, artmäßig, typisch, generisch, allgemein, Generikum, arttypischGerman
- γενόσημο, γενικός, γενόσημοςGreek
- yleinen, suku-, [[geneerinen]] [[tuote]], geneerinen, yleis-Finnish
- générique, produit générique, médicament génériqueFrench
- gneitheachScottish Gaelic
- generisk, merkelo/s, kjo/nnsno/ytralNorwegian
- обобщённый, джене́рик, о́бщий, [[непатентованный, родово́й, всео́бщий, [[нема́рочный]]/[[безма́рочный]] [[товар]], безма́рочный, [[немарочный, нема́рочный, видово́йRussian
- soyuna özgü, familyaya ait, üreysel, generic, eşdeğer, cinsle ilgili, kapsamlı, genelleyiciTurkish
Get even more translations for generic »
Find a translation for the generic definition in other languages:
Select another language: