generic, generic wine(noun)
a wine that is a blend of several varieties of grapes with no one grape predominating; a wine that does not carry the name of any specific grape
any product that can be sold without a brand name
relating to or common to or descriptive of all members of a genus
"the generic name"
(of drugs) not protected by trademark
"`Acetaminophen' is the generic form of the proprietary drug `Tylenol'"
applicable to an entire class or group
"is there a generic Asian mind?"
A product sold under a generic name
A wine that is a blend of several wines, or made from a blend of several grape varieties
A term that specifies neither male nor female.
Very comprehensive; pertaining or appropriate to large classes or groups as opposed to specific
Of, or relating to a genus
Not having a brand name
Of a drug identified by its chemical name
Specifying neither masculine nor feminine e.g. salesperson
(Of program code) Written so as to operate on any data type, the type required being passed as a parameter.
Origin: Formed in English from .
alt. of Generical
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
-al, Generically. See Genus.
The numerical value of generic in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of generic in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
Examples of generic in a Sentence
Ban's approach to humanitarian work prompts the entire humanitarian community to think outside the box, to reject generic and inappropriate responses to vastly different contexts, and to approach the work with individuality and creativity.
Moralistic is not moral. And as for truth -- well, it's like brown -- it's not in the spectrum. Truth is so generic.
The first obligation is generic. It imposes a duty to pursue the national interest over any private interest. That applies equally to all government employees.
The future of pharmacy is really about being a low cost buyer of generic drugs and capability to dispense specialty drugs and that is an area of challenge for several supermarket operators.
In the world there are 450 million annual television spectators, that's very important and Renault will be the only generic make present in Formula One with its own team.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for generic
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- شامِل, مُحِيطٌ, كُلِّيّ, شُمُولِيّ, جامِع, إِجْمالِيّ, عَمِيم, مُطْلَق, عُمُومِيّ, عامّ, عامArabic
- genèricCatalan, Valencian
- gattungsmäßig, artmäßig, typisch, generisch, allgemein, Generikum, arttypisch, genericGerman
- γενόσημο, γενικός, γενόσημοςGreek
- yleinen, suku-, [[geneerinen]] [[tuote]], geneerinen, yleis-Finnish
- générique, produit générique, médicament génériqueFrench
- gneitheachScottish Gaelic
- generisk, merkelo/s, kjo/nnsno/ytralNorwegian
- обобщённый, джене́рик, о́бщий, [[непатентованный, родово́й, всео́бщий, [[нема́рочный]]/[[безма́рочный]] [[товар]], безма́рочный, [[немарочный, нема́рочный, видово́й, общийRussian
- soyuna özgü, familyaya ait, üreysel, generic, eşdeğer, cinsle ilgili, kapsamlı, genelleyici, genelTurkish
Get even more translations for generic »
Find a translation for the generic definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)