Definitions for ganderˈgæn dər
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word gander
mature male goose
A male goose.
A fool, simpleton
A glance, look.
Have a gander at what heu2019s written.
the male of any species of goose
Gander is a Canadian town located in the northeastern part of the island of Newfoundland in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, approximately 40 kilometres south of Gander Bay, 100 km south of Twillingate and 90 km east of Grand Falls-Windsor. Located on the northeastern shore of Gander Lake, it is the site of Gander International Airport, formerly an important refuelling point for transatlantic aircraft, and, to this day, a preferred stopping point for transatlantic aircraft that need to land because of on-board medical or security emergencies. Most of the streets in Gander are named after famous aviators, including Amelia Earhart, Alcock and Brown, Charles Lindbergh, Eddie Rickenbacker, Marc Garneau and Chuck Yeager.
Translations for gander
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- hangås, gaseDanish
- Blick, Ganter, Ganterich, Ganauser, Gänserich, GanserGerman
- χήνος, βλάκας, αρσενική χήναGreek
- viransero, anseriĉoEsperanto
- hanhi, vilkaisuFinnish
- kellagh guiyManx
- hanngås, gåsestegg, gasseNorwegian
- mannetjesgans, uil, ganzerik, uilskuiken, gent, blik, gander, kijkjeDutch
- gåsestegg, gasse, hanngåsNorwegian Nynorsk
- ganso, paspalhão, olhadaPortuguese
- gânsac, gâscan, ocheadă, privire, ochireRomanian
- простак, гусь, взгляд, гусак, болван, глупецRussian
- гусан, gusanSerbo-Croatian
- houser, gunárSlovak
- hangås, gåskarlSwedish
Get even more translations for gander »
Find a translation for the gander definition in other languages:
Select another language: