Definitions for facetiousfəˈsi ʃəs
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word facetious
bantering, facetious, tongue-in-cheek(adj)
cleverly amusing in tone
"a bantering tone"; "facetious remarks"; "tongue-in-cheek advice"
Treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.
Robbie's joke about Heather's picture was just him being facetious.
Pleasantly humorous, jocular.
Origin: From facétieux, from facetia, from facetus.
given to wit and good humor; merry; sportive; jocular; as, a facetious companion
characterized by wit and pleasantry; exciting laughter; as, a facetious story or reply
Translations for facetious
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- шеговит, забавен, закачливBulgarian
- witzig, lustig, spöttelnd, sarkastisch, humorvoll, spöttisch, spaßigGerman
- faceto, chistosoSpanish
- epäasiallinen, leikillinen, hyväntuulinenFinnish
- gamansamur, spaugsamurIcelandic
- spottend, grappig, spotterigDutch
- шуточный, забавный, шутливыйRussian
Get even more translations for facetious »
Find a translation for the facetious definition in other languages:
Select another language: