Definitions for drowsyˈdraʊ zi
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word drowsy
drowsy, drowsing(a), dozy(adj)
"made drowsy by the long ride"; "it seemed a pity to disturb the drowsing (or dozing) professor"; "a tired dozy child"; "the nodding (or napping) grandmother in her rocking chair"
drowsy, oscitant, yawning(a)(adj)
showing lack of attention or boredom
"the yawning congregation"
Inclined to drowse; heavy with sleepiness; lethargic; dozy.
I was feeling drowsy and so decided to make a cup of coffee to try to wake myself up.
Disposing to sleep; lulling; soporific.
It was a warm, drowsy summer afternoon.
Origin: Probably from or akin to drusian.
inclined to drowse; heavy with sleepiness; lethargic; dozy
disposing to sleep; lulling; soporific
The numerical value of drowsy in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of drowsy in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Life is as tedious as a twice-told tale Vexing the dull ear of a drowsy man.
Life is as tedious as a twice-told tale
Vexing the dull ear of a drowsy man.
It has always been a problem, but my hunch is that (drowsy driving) has probably increased.
They’re especially good for when you’re having trouble sleeping, since they make you drowsy.
It's clearly a significant problem and it's rampant, it has always been a problem, but my hunch is that (drowsy driving) has probably increased.
Images & Illustrations of drowsy
Translations for drowsy
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- приспивателен, сънливBulgarian
- somnoliento, soñoliento, adormecido, soporífero, somníferoSpanish
- خواب و بیدار، نیمه خوابPersian
- unelias, nukuttava, unettavaFinnish
- stupide, somnolent, ensommeillé, soporifiqueFrench
- néalmhar, suanmhar, codlatachIrish
- suaineachScottish Gaelic
- soporifero, insonnolito, assonnatoItalian
- 眠い, 眠たいJapanese
- pōuruuru, hinamoe, hiamoe, hāmoemoeMāori
- senny, ospałyPolish
- modorrento, sonolentoPortuguese
- заспанный, усыпляющий, сонный, снотворный, сонливый, нудныйRussian
- pospan, dremljiv, поспан, sanjiv, сањив, дремљивSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for drowsy »
Find a translation for the drowsy definition in other languages:
Select another language: