amazing, awe-inspiring, awesome, awful, awing(adj)
inspiring awe or admiration or wonder
"New York is an amazing city"; "the Grand Canyon is an awe-inspiring sight"; "the awesome complexity of the universe"; "this sea, whose gently awful stirrings seem to speak of some hidden soul beneath"- Melville; "Westminster Hall's awing majesty, so vast, so high, so silent"
Causing awe or terror; inspiring wonder or excitement.
Excellent, exciting, remarkable.
Origin: Early Modern English 1590-1600, from . Compare egeful.
causing awe; appalling; awful; as, an awesome sight
expressive of awe or terror
Awesome is a science fiction action video game released by Psygnosis for the Amiga and Atari ST in 1990. It features a variety of gameplay styles, from overhead shooting to Asteroids-esque sequences, and a pre-rendered ray-traced intro sequence. The antagonist of the game is John Winner. Scenes and music from the game were featured in Psygnosis's later game Lemmings as in-jokes, in a Taxing rated level called "What an AWESOME level". The theme music for Awesome was composed by Tim Wright. The box art for Awesome was painted by science fiction artist John Harris.
The numerical value of awesome in Chaldean Numerology is: 4
The numerical value of awesome in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
You may just miss an awesome ride if you only look at happiness as a destination.
There was no injuries, no damage to any property, no injuries to any civilians, which was an awesome, awesome thing right there.
It's awesome to be home. It's absolutely awesome, this is a moment that I rehearsed in my mind at least 400 times in ... the past 400 days.
A woodland in full color is awesome as a forest fire, in magnitude at least, but a single tree is like a dancing tongue of flame to warm the heart.
The moment one gives close attention to any thing, even a blade of grass it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself.
Images & Illustrations of awesome
Translations for awesome
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- fantàsticCatalan, Valencian
- úžasný, skvělý, úděsný, strašnýCzech
- furchteinflößend, toll, beeindruckend, großartig, fürchterlich, furchterregendGerman
- tremendo, piola, impresionanteSpanish
- mahtava, vaikuttava, pelottavaFinnish
- magnifique, terrifiant, formidable, génial, impressionnantFrench
- klassz, félelmetes, óriásiHungarian
- հիանալի, ահեղArmenian
- splendido, magnifico, fantastico, impressionanteItalian
- クール, 素敵, すごい, 素晴らしい, 素晴らしいですJapanese
- bauginantis, stulbinantis, nuostabusLithuanian
- beangstigend, angstaanjagend, indrukwekkend, geweldigDutch
- nizhóníNavajo, Navaho
- do caralhoPortuguese
- formidabil, uimitor, înspăimântătorRomanian
- клёвый, круто́й, потряса́ющий, здо́рово, устраша́ющий, кла́ссный, ужасающий, [[внушать, потря́сныйRussian
- do jajaSerbo-Croatian
- korkunç, süper, huşu veren, harikaTurkish
- tuyệt cú mèo, tuyệt vời, đáng kinh sợ, dễ sợ, đáng sợVietnamese
Get even more translations for awesome »
Find a translation for the awesome definition in other languages:
Select another language: