amazing, awe-inspiring, awesome, awful, awingadjective
inspiring awe or admiration or wonder
"New York is an amazing city"; "the Grand Canyon is an awe-inspiring sight"; "the awesome complexity of the universe"; "this sea, whose gently awful stirrings seem to speak of some hidden soul beneath"- Melville; "Westminster Hall's awing majesty, so vast, so high, so silent"
Causing awe or terror; inspiring wonder or excitement.
Excellent, exciting, remarkable.
Etymology: Early Modern English 1590-1600, from. Compare egeful.
causing awe; appalling; awful; as, an awesome sight
expressive of awe or terror
Awesome is a science fiction action video game released by Psygnosis for the Amiga and Atari ST in 1990. It features a variety of gameplay styles, from overhead shooting to Asteroids-esque sequences, and a pre-rendered ray-traced intro sequence. The antagonist of the game is John Winner. Scenes and music from the game were featured in Psygnosis's later game Lemmings as in-jokes, in a Taxing rated level called "What an AWESOME level". The theme music for Awesome was composed by Tim Wright. The box art for Awesome was painted by science fiction artist John Harris.
Song lyrics by awesome -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by awesome on the Lyrics.com website.
The numerical value of awesome in Chaldean Numerology is: 4
The numerical value of awesome in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9
Oh, is that awesome. Wow, now I'm going to cry.
(She) was one of the most vibrant, crazy, compassionate, loyal balls of energy you could ever come across in life, a conversation with her could either leave you full of adrenaline or utterly exhausted. She was a spitfire and with Sami you never knew what she'd throw your way - but you always knew she would be there for you. She was awesome like that.
It was awesome, i was excited to get that puck. I didn’t expect it to happen soon. In the other leagues, it took me a while.
I know you guys worked really, really hard to make America great again, and we won! That's awesome!
Oh man, Robbie Ray was bringing it today, it was awesome.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for awesome
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- fantàsticCatalan, Valencian
- strašný, skvělý, úděsný, úžasnýCzech
- genial, toll, furchterregend, beeindruckend, großartig, furchteinflößend, fürchterlichGerman
- impresionante, piola, tremendoSpanish
- pelottava, mahtava, vaikuttavaFinnish
- formidable, impressionnant, génial, terrifiant, magnifiqueFrench
- óriási, félelmetes, klasszHungarian
- ահեղ, հիանալիArmenian
- impressionante, eccezionale, splendido, magnifico, fantasticoItalian
- クール, 素敵, すごい, 素晴らしいです, 素晴らしいJapanese
- bauginantis, nuostabus, stulbinantisLithuanian
- angstaanjagend, beangstigend, indrukwekkend, geweldigDutch
- nizhóníNavajo, Navaho
- impressionante, do caralhoPortuguese
- formidabil, uimitor, înspăimântătorRomanian
- потряса́ющий, кла́ссный, устраша́ющий, клёвый, здо́рово, круто́й, потря́сный, ужасающий, [[внушатьRussian
- do jajaSerbo-Croatian
- grymt braSwedish
- süper, korkunç, harika, huşu verenTurkish
- đáng sợ, tuyệt cú mèo, tuyệt vời, đáng kinh sợ, dễ sợVietnamese
Get even more translations for awesome »
Find a translation for the awesome definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)