Definitions for articulateɑrˈtɪk yə lɪt; -ˌleɪt
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word articulate
expressing yourself easily or characterized by clear expressive language
"articulate speech"; "an articulate orator"; "articulate beings"
consisting of segments held together by joints
provide with a joint
"the carpenter jointed two pieces of wood"
give voice, formulate, word, phrase, articulate(verb)
put into words or an expression
"He formulated his concerns to the board of trustees"
pronounce, articulate, enounce, sound out, enunciate, say(verb)
speak, pronounce, or utter in a certain way
"She pronounces French words in a funny way"; "I cannot say `zip wire'"; "Can the child sound out this complicated word?"
unite by forming a joint or joints
"the ankle bone articulates with the leg bones to form the ankle bones"
articulate, enunciate, vocalize, vocalise(verb)
express or state clearly
expressed in articles or in separate items or particulars
jointed; formed with joints; consisting of segments united by joints; as, articulate animals or plants
distinctly uttered; spoken so as to be intelligible; characterized by division into words and syllables; as, articulate speech, sounds, words
an animal of the subkingdom Articulata
to utter articulate sounds; to utter the elementary sounds of a language; to enunciate; to speak distinctly
to treat or make terms
to join or be connected by articulation
to joint; to unite by means of a joint; to put together with joints or at the joints
to draw up or write in separate articles; to particularize; to specify
to form, as the elementary sounds; to utter in distinct syllables or words; to enunciate; as, to articulate letters or language
to express distinctly; to give utterance to
Origin: [L. articulatus. See Articulata.]
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Gratitude is one of the least articulate of the emotions, especially when it is deep.
All great lovers are articulate, and verbal seduction is the surest road to actual seduction.
All really great lovers are articulate, and verbal seduction is the surest road to actual seduction.
The fact that she can articulate the rationale, that's really important, because then you can debate.
We can have someone that is the most articulate messenger of the conservative movement today in Marco Rubio.
Images & Illustrations of articulate
Translations for articulate
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- шарнирен, свързвам, произнасям ясно, членоразделен, съединявам, артикулирам, изяснявам, отчетлив, ставен, ясенBulgarian
- articulatCatalan, Valencian
- klar, artikulieren, redegewandt, ausdrücken, effektiv, betonenGerman
- articulado, claro, articular, vocalizar, elocuente, articularseSpanish
- artikuloida, ääntää selvästi, niveltääFinnish
- éloquente, articuler, clair, articulé, éloquentFrench
- siùbhlach, pongailScottish Gaelic
- artikulált, érthető, világosHungarian
- pandai berbicaraIndonesian
- chiaro, eloquenteItalian
- geärticuleerd, efficiënt, benadrukken, uitdrukken, duidelijk, articuleren, geleed, verzorgen, klaar, uitleggen, uitspreken, welbespraakt, gelede, taalvaardigDutch
- выразительный, членораздельныйRussian
Get even more translations for articulate »
Find a translation for the articulate definition in other languages:
Select another language: