Definitions for apparentəˈpær ənt, əˈpɛər-
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word apparent
apparent, evident, manifest, patent, plain, unmistakable(adj)
clearly revealed to the mind or the senses or judgment
"the effects of the drought are apparent to anyone who sees the parched fields"; "evident hostility"; "manifest disapproval"; "patent advantages"; "made his meaning plain"; "it is plain that he is no reactionary"; "in plain view"
apparent(a), ostensible, seeming(a)(adj)
appearing as such but not necessarily so
"for all his apparent wealth he had no money to pay the rent"; "the committee investigated some apparent discrepancies"; "the ostensible truth of their theories"; "his seeming honesty"
Capable of being seen, or easily seen; open to view; visible to the eye; within sight or view.
Clear or manifest to the understanding; plain; evident; obvious; known; palpable; indubitable.
Appearing to the eye or mind (distinguished from, but not necessarily opposed to, true or real); seeming.
Origin: From apparent, in turn from apparens/apparentis, present participle of appareo.
capable of being seen, or easily seen; open to view; visible to the eye; within sight or view
clear or manifest to the understanding; plain; evident; obvious; known; palpable; indubitable
appearing to the eye or mind (distinguished from, but not necessarily opposed to, true or real); seeming; as the apparent motion or diameter of the sun
an heir apparent
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
ap-pār′ent, adj. that may be seen: evident: palpable: seeming, as opposed to what really is: (Shak.) by ellipsis for heir-apparent.—adv. Appar′ently.—ns. Appar′entness; Heir′-appar′ent, applied to one who will undoubtedly inherit if he survives the present possessor. [Through Fr. from L. apparent-em, apparē-re.]
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'apparent' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1889
Rank popularity for the word 'apparent' in Adjectives Frequency: #257
The numerical value of apparent in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of apparent in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Everything at this point does suggest that it is an apparent suicide.
It became immediately apparent to me that Zoubir had a very serious condition.
BNSF said there's no apparent groundwater impact and air quality tests are good.
It's apparent now that it only views the resolution process as an electoral tactic.
I am disappointed and disturbed at the apparent lack of judgment described in this report.
Images & Illustrations of apparent
Translations for apparent
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- привиден, очевиден, видим, явен, забележимBulgarian
- aparentCatalan, Valencian
- zdánlivý, viditelný, očividný, zjevnýCzech
- offensichtlich, offenbarGerman
- claro, visible, ostensible, evidente, aparente, manifiestoSpanish
- ilmeinen, silminnähtävä, näkyvä, näennäinen, selväFinnish
- apparente, apparent, évident, criante, criant, évidente, manifeste, visibleFrench
- follasach, dealramhach, soiléirIrish
- látszólagos, nyilvánvaló, láthatóHungarian
- 明白, 瞭然, 見える, 明瞭, 明確Japanese
- redzams, skaidrsLatvian
- duidelijk, klaarblijkelijk, klaar, ogenschijnlijk, evidentDutch
- widoczny, pozorny, oczywistyPolish
- څرګند, ښکارهPashto, Pushto
- visível, aparente, claro, evidente, manifestoPortuguese
- manifest, clar, vădit, evidentRomanian
- очевидный, видимый, кажущийся, явныйRussian
- očíten, videnSlovene
- я́вний, очеви́днийUkrainian
Get even more translations for apparent »
Find a translation for the apparent definition in other languages:
Select another language: