What does wound tumor virus mean?

Definitions for wound tumor virus

Here are all the possible meanings and translations of the word wound tumor virus.

Princeton's WordNet

  1. wound tumor virus, WTV(noun)

    a tumor virus transmitted by leafhoppers


  1. Wound tumor virus

    Wound tumor virus is an invertebrate and plant virus found in the United States of America belonging to the genus Phytoreoviridae and the family Reoviridae. The virus is a Type III virus under the Baltimore classification system; that is it has a double-stranded RNA genome. This genome is approximately 25,000 base pairs long and organised into twelve segments. All the viral replication occurs in the cytoplasm. The virus is 22% RNA by weight, the other 78% being structural proteins. Structurally, the virus is constructed from 7 different structural proteins. The capsid has icosahedral symmetry, is non-enveloped and around 70 nm in diameter. There is an inner-shell with a diameter of around 50 nm. More than 50 species of plants are potential hosts for Wound tumor virus. It was first reported in Melilotus officinalis. The virus causes tumors to form on the plant at the stem and roots – with the root tumors being more severe. The virus is spread by an insect vector – the Leaf hopper family, notably 'Agallia constricta'. Since viral replication occurs relatively independently of cellular processes, the virus also replicates in the insect vector.


  1. Chaldean Numerology

    The numerical value of wound tumor virus in Chaldean Numerology is: 6

  2. Pythagorean Numerology

    The numerical value of wound tumor virus in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1

Images & Illustrations of wound tumor virus

  1. wound tumor virus


Find a translation for the wound tumor virus definition in other languages:

Select another language:

Discuss these wound tumor virus definitions with the community:

Word of the Day

Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?

Please enter your email address:     


Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:


"wound tumor virus." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2018. Web. 17 Mar. 2018. <https://www.definitions.net/definition/wound tumor virus>.

Are we missing a good definition for wound tumor virus? Don't keep it to yourself...

Nearby & related entries:

Alternative searches for wound tumor virus:

Thanks for your vote! We truly appreciate your support.