What does right coronary artery mean?

Definitions for right coronary artery
right coro·na·ry arte·ry

This dictionary definitions page includes all the possible meanings, example usage and translations of the word right coronary artery.

Princeton's WordNet

  1. right coronary arterynoun

    arises from the right aortic sinus; supplies the right side of the heart

Wikipedia

  1. Right coronary artery

    In the blood supply of the heart, the right coronary artery (RCA) is an artery originating above the right cusp of the aortic valve, at the right aortic sinus in the heart. It travels down the right coronary sulcus, towards the crux of the heart. It gives off many branches, including the sinoatrial nodal artery, right marginal artery, posterior interventricular artery, conus artery, and atrioventricular nodal branch. It contributes the right side of the heart, and parts of the interventricular septum.

ChatGPT

  1. right coronary artery

    The right coronary artery is one of the two main arteries that supply blood to the heart muscle. It originates from the right side of the aorta and branches out to supply blood primarily to the right side of the heart, which includes the right ventricle, right atrium, as well as the sinoatrial (SA) and atrioventricular (AV) nodes that regulate heart rhythm. It also provides blood to portions of the left ventricle. Blockages in the right coronary artery can lead to serious heart conditions such as coronary artery disease or a heart attack.

Wikidata

  1. Right coronary artery

    The right coronary artery is an artery originating above the right cusp of the aortic valve. It travels down the right atrioventricular groove, towards the crux of the heart. It branches into the posterior descending artery and the right marginal artery. At the origin of the RCA is the conus artery. In addition to supplying blood to the right ventricle, the RCA supplies 25% to 35% of the left ventricle. In 85% of patients, the RCA gives off the posterior descending artery. In the other 15% of cases, the PDA is given off by the left circumflex artery. The PDA supplies the inferior wall, ventricular septum, and the posteromedial papillary muscle. The RCA also supplies the SA nodal artery in 60% of patients. The other 40% of the time, the SA nodal artery is supplied by the left circumflex artery.

Matched Categories

How to pronounce right coronary artery?

How to say right coronary artery in sign language?

Numerology

  1. Chaldean Numerology

    The numerical value of right coronary artery in Chaldean Numerology is: 4

  2. Pythagorean Numerology

    The numerical value of right coronary artery in Pythagorean Numerology is: 6

Translation

Find a translation for the right coronary artery definition in other languages:

Select another language:

  • - Select -
  • 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
  • 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
  • Español (Spanish)
  • Esperanto (Esperanto)
  • 日本語 (Japanese)
  • Português (Portuguese)
  • Deutsch (German)
  • العربية (Arabic)
  • Français (French)
  • Русский (Russian)
  • ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
  • 한국어 (Korean)
  • עברית (Hebrew)
  • Gaeilge (Irish)
  • Українська (Ukrainian)
  • اردو (Urdu)
  • Magyar (Hungarian)
  • मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
  • Indonesia (Indonesian)
  • Italiano (Italian)
  • தமிழ் (Tamil)
  • Türkçe (Turkish)
  • తెలుగు (Telugu)
  • ภาษาไทย (Thai)
  • Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
  • Čeština (Czech)
  • Polski (Polish)
  • Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
  • Românește (Romanian)
  • Nederlands (Dutch)
  • Ελληνικά (Greek)
  • Latinum (Latin)
  • Svenska (Swedish)
  • Dansk (Danish)
  • Suomi (Finnish)
  • فارسی (Persian)
  • ייִדיש (Yiddish)
  • հայերեն (Armenian)
  • Norsk (Norwegian)
  • English (English)

Word of the Day

Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?

Please enter your email address:


Citation

Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:

Style:MLAChicagoAPA

"right coronary artery." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2024. Web. 17 Apr. 2024. <https://www.definitions.net/definition/right+coronary+artery>.

Discuss these right coronary artery definitions with the community:

0 Comments

    Are we missing a good definition for right coronary artery? Don't keep it to yourself...

    Image or illustration of

    right coronary artery

    Credit »

    Free, no signup required:

    Add to Chrome

    Get instant definitions for any word that hits you anywhere on the web!

    Free, no signup required:

    Add to Firefox

    Get instant definitions for any word that hits you anywhere on the web!

    Browse Definitions.net

    Quiz

    Are you a words master?

    »
    a petty misdeed
    A ditch
    B elan
    C reciprocal
    D peccadillo

    Nearby & related entries:

    Alternative searches for right coronary artery: