a decorative paper for the walls of rooms
cover with wallpaper
Decorative paper-like material used to cover the inner walls of buildings.
A style or design of such material or image.
He is letting her select the wallpapers for the whole house.
An image or tiled pattern used as a background to personalize a computer desktop.
To cover (a wall, a room, etc) with wallpaper.
Origin: From wall + paper
Wallpaper is a kind of material used to cover and decorate the interior walls of homes, offices, and other buildings; it is one aspect of interior decoration. It is usually sold in rolls and is put onto a wall using wallpaper paste. Wallpapers can come plain as 'lining paper', textured, with a regular repeating pattern design, or, much less commonly today, with a single non-repeating large design carried over a set of sheets. Wallpaper printing techniques include surface printing, gravure printing, silk screen-printing, rotary printing, and digital printing. Wallpaper is made in long rolls which are hung vertically on a wall. Patterned wallpapers are designed so that the pattern "repeats" and pieces cut from the same roll can be hung next to each other so as to continue the pattern without it being easy to see where the join between two pieces occurs. In the case of large complex patterns of images this is normally achieved by starting the second piece halfway into the length of the repeat, so that if the pattern going down the roll repeats after 24 inches the next piece sideways is cut from the roll to begin 12 inches down the pattern from the first. The number of times the pattern repeats horizontally across a roll does not matter for this purpose. A single pattern can be issued in several different colorways.
Song lyrics by wallpaper -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by wallpaper on the Lyrics.com website.
The numerical value of wallpaper in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of wallpaper in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Images & Illustrations of wallpaper
Translations for wallpaper
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ورق الحائط, ورق الجدرانArabic
- paper d'empaperar, paper pintatCatalan, Valencian
- papur walWelsh
- Wallpaper, Tapete, Hintergrundbild, tapezierenGerman
- φόντο, ταπετσαρίαGreek
- empapelar, papel tapiz, decomural, papel pintadoSpanish
- katma, tapeet, tapetseerima, tapeetimaEstonian
- کاغذدیواری, کاغذدیواری کردنPersian
- tapetoida, taustakuva, tapettiFinnish
- tapisser, image de bureau, fond d'écran, motif de bureau, papier peint, papier-peint, arrière-planFrench
- נְייָר־קִיר, טפט, טפיטי ניירHebrew
- carta da paratiItalian
- 壁紙, 壁紙をはるJapanese
- 壁紙, 벽지Korean
- тапет, тапетира, позадинаMacedonian
- kertas dindingMalay
- behangselpapier, behang, behangen, behangpapierDutch
- tapeta, tapetowaćPolish
- papel de paredePortuguese
- обои, оклеивать обоямиRussian
- тапета, tapetaSerbo-Croatian
- tapeta, tapetovaťSlovak
- skrivbordsbild, tapet, skrivbordsbakgrund, tapetseraSwedish
- duvar kâğıdıTurkish
- giấy dán tườngVietnamese
Get even more translations for wallpaper »
Find a translation for the wallpaper definition in other languages:
Select another language: