Definitions for waitressˈweɪ trɪs
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word waitress
a woman waiter
serve as a waiter or waitress in a restaurant
"I'm waiting on tables at Maxim's"
A female attendant who serves customers in a restaurant, cafu00E9, or similar.
To work as a waitress.
a female waiter or attendant; a waiting maid or waiting woman
Waitress is a 2007 American comedy-drama film written and directed by Adrienne Shelly, who also appears in a supporting role. The film debuted at the 2007 Sundance Film Festival and went into limited theatrical release in the US on May 2, 2007.
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
When I was a waitress we had to steal bread and eat that.
One time a waitress asked me how I wanted my eggs, I said "Cooked".
Frank Well, uh I guess I, deep down, am feeling a little confused. I mean, suddenly, you get married, and you're supposed to be this entirely different guy. I don't feel different. I mean, take yesterday for example. We were out at the Olive Garden for dinner, which was lovely. And uh, I happen to look over at a certain point during the meal and see a waitress taking an order, and I found myself wondering what color her underpants might be. Her panties. Uh, odds are they are probably basic white, cotton, underpants. But I sort of think well maybe they're silk panties, maybe it's a thong. Maybe it's something really cool that I don't even know about. You know, and uh, and I started feeling... what what I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not
Images & Illustrations of waitress
Translations for waitress
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- cambreraCatalan, Valencian
- virtabloservisto, tabloservisto, tabloservistino, kelnerino, kelneroEsperanto
- camarera, meseraSpanish
- tarjoilijatar, tarjoilijaFinnish
- maighdeann-frithealaidhScottish Gaelic
- tabloservistino, tabloservisto, tabloservistuloIdo
- ウェイトレス, ウエイトレスJapanese
- oficiante, viesmīleLatvian
- конобарка, келнеркаMacedonian
- chelneriță, ospătărițăRomanian
- официантка, кельнершаRussian
- konobàrica, коноба̀рицаSerbo-Croatian
- кельнерка, офіціанткаUkrainian
- chị hầu bànVietnamese
- bötan, jibötan, hibötanVolapük
- קעלנערשע, קעלנעריןYiddish
Get even more translations for waitress »
Find a translation for the waitress definition in other languages:
Select another language: