Definitions for virginˈvɜr dʒɪn
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word virgin
a person who has never had sex
(astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Virgo
Virgo, Virgo the Virgin, Virgin(adj)
the sixth sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about August 23 to September 22
being used or worked for the first time
pure, vestal, virgin, virginal, virtuous(adj)
in a state of sexual virginity
"pure and vestal modesty"; "a spinster or virgin lady"; "men have decreed that their women must be pure and virginal"
A person who has never had sexual intercourse, or sometimes, one who has never engaged in any sexual activity at all.
I've always wanted to sleep with a virgin but I don't see it happening.
Preceded by a noun, a person who has never used or experienced what is denoted by the noun.
I've never used Google before uE000121537uE001 you could say I'm a Google virgin.
In a state of virginity; chaste, not having had sexual intercourse.
Of a physical object, untouched.
Of olive oil, obtained by mechanical means, so that the oil is not altered.
Of mixed drinks, not containing alcohol.
a virgin daiquiri
Mary, the mother of Jesus.
The common name for the constellation Virgo and another name for the star sign Virgo.
A conglomeration of various businesses founded by Richard Branson (Officially the "Virgin Group", but often dubbed the "Virgin Empire").
Origin: From virgine, from virginem (nominative: virgo).
a woman who has had no carnal knowledge of man; a maid
a person of the male sex who has not known sexual indulgence
any one of several species of gossamer-winged butterflies of the family Lycaenidae
a female insect producing eggs from which young are hatched, though there has been no fecundation by a male; a parthenogenetic insect
being a virgin; chaste; of or pertaining to a virgin; becoming a virgin; maidenly; modest; indicating modesty; as, a virgin blush
pure; undefiled; unmixed; fresh; new; as, virgin soil; virgin gold
not yet pregnant; impregnant
to act the virgin; to be or keep chaste; -- followed by it. See It, 5
Origin: [L. virgo, -inis: cf. OF. virgine, virgene, virge, vierge, F. vierge.]
Virgin was a Polish pop rock band created in 2000 that officially disbanded in 2007. Its lead singer was Dorota Rabczewska.
The New Hacker's Dictionary
Unused; pristine; in a known initial state. “Let's bring up a virgin system and see if it crashes again.” (Esp.: useful after contracting a virus through SEX.) Also, by extension, buffers and the like within a program that have not yet been used.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'virgin' in Nouns Frequency: #2180
Images & Illustrations of virgin
Translations for virgin
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- maagd, onbelemmerd, suiwer, maagdelik, onaangetasAfrikaans
- بكر, عذراءArabic
- няві́нніца, няві́ннікBelarusian
- деви́ца, де́вственица, де́вственикBulgarian
- vergeCatalan, Valencian
- panna, panicCzech
- дѣваOld Church Slavonic, Church Slavonic, Old Bulgarian
- jomfru, møDanish
- Jungfrau, jungfräulichGerman
- virgulo, virgulinoEsperanto
- virgen, intacta, virginal, intacto, casto, señorita, doncel, casta, doncellaSpanish
- دوشیزه, دست نخورده, باکرهPersian
- neitseellinen, koskematon, neitsytFinnish
- moyggj, moy, jomfrúFaroese
- vierge, pucelle, puceauFrench
- ainnir, òigh, maighdeannScottish Gaelic
- virxinal, virxeGalician
- בָּתוּל, בְּתוּלָהHebrew
- कुंवारी, कुँआरीHindi
- hrein mey, hreinn sveinn, jómfrúIcelandic
- 処女, バージン, 未通女, 童貞Japanese
- jaunavīgs, nevainīgs, jaunavaLatvian
- urutapu, puhi, wāhinaMāori
- девствена, невина, чист, де́вица, недопренMacedonian
- maagd, maagdelijk, jufrouwDutch
- dziewiczy, dziewicza, prawiczek, dziewicaPolish
- virgem, virginalPortuguese
- virgină, fecioară, virgin, feciorelnic, feciorescRomanian
- де́вственник, де́вственница, це́лкаRussian
- девица, дјевица, devica, djevicaSerbo-Croatian
- devičnik, deviški, devicaSlovene
- jungfru, jungfrulig, oskuldSwedish
- ซิง, บริสุทธิ์Thai
- bakir, bakire, dokunulmamış, virjin, el değmemiş, erdenTurkish
- неза́йманець, неза́ймана, ді́ваUkrainian
- gái trinhVietnamese
Get even more translations for virgin »
Find a translation for the virgin definition in other languages:
Select another language: