Definitions for veneervəˈnɪər
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word veneer
coating consisting of a thin layer of superior wood glued to a base of inferior wood
an ornamental coating to a building
cover with veneer
"veneer the furniture to protect it"
A thin decorative covering of fine wood applied to coarser wood or other material.
An attractive appearance that covers or disguises true nature or feelings.
To apply veneer.
Origin: From Furnier, from furnieren, from fournir, from fornir, from fornir, furnir, from Old *, from frumjanan. Cognate with frumjan, frummen, fremian. More at furnish.
to overlay or plate with a thin layer of wood or other material for outer finish or decoration; as, to veneer a piece of furniture with mahogany. Used also figuratively
a thin leaf or layer of a more valuable or beautiful material for overlaying an inferior one, especially such a thin leaf of wood to be glued to a cheaper wood; hence, external show; gloss; false pretense
Origin: [G. furnieren, fourniren, fr. F. fournir to furnish. See Furnish.]
Veneer is the debut album by the Swedish singer-songwriter José González. It was released on October 29, 2003 in Sweden; April 25, 2005 in the rest of Europe; and on September 6, 2005 in the United States. It has sold over 700,000 copies around the world and went platinum in the UK.
Images & Illustrations of veneer
Translations for veneer
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- finer, finereDanish
- Furnier, Fassade, furnierenGerman
- επικολλώ, επίχρισμα, επίφαση, επικόλλημα, επιχρίωGreek
- chapar, chapeado, contrachapado, barniz, chapa de madera, chapear, enchapar, chapaSpanish
- روکش, روکش چوبیPersian
- julkisivu, viiluFinnish
- vernis, placage, vernirFrench
- cur aachrackan er, aachrackan, aachoodaghManx
- papa tīhoreMāori
- finér, fernissNorwegian
- folhear, folheadoPortuguese
- видимость, облицовывать, придавать внешний лоск, показуха, шпон, однослойная фанера, внешний лоск, маскировать, налётRussian
- фурнир, оплатица, oplatica, furnirSerbo-Croatian
- fanera, faner, fasadSwedish
- ağaç kaplama, ahşap kaplama, kaplama tahtasıTurkish
Get even more translations for veneer »
Find a translation for the veneer definition in other languages:
Select another language: