Definitions for veneervəˈnɪər
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word veneer
coating consisting of a thin layer of superior wood glued to a base of inferior wood
an ornamental coating to a building
cover with veneer
"veneer the furniture to protect it"
A thin decorative covering of fine wood applied to coarser wood or other material.
An attractive appearance that covers or disguises true nature or feelings.
To apply veneer.
Origin: From Furnier, from furnieren, from fournir, from fornir, from fornir, furnir, from Old *, from frumjanan. Cognate with frumjan, frummen, fremian. More at furnish.
to overlay or plate with a thin layer of wood or other material for outer finish or decoration; as, to veneer a piece of furniture with mahogany. Used also figuratively
a thin leaf or layer of a more valuable or beautiful material for overlaying an inferior one, especially such a thin leaf of wood to be glued to a cheaper wood; hence, external show; gloss; false pretense
Origin: [G. furnieren, fourniren, fr. F. fournir to furnish. See Furnish.]
Veneer is the debut album by the Swedish singer-songwriter José González. It was released on October 29, 2003 in Sweden; April 25, 2005 in the rest of Europe; and on September 6, 2005 in the United States. It has sold over 700,000 copies around the world and went platinum in the UK.
Translations for veneer
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- finer, finereDanish
- Furnier, Fassade, furnierenGerman
- επικολλώ, επίχρισμα, επίφαση, επικόλλημα, επιχρίωGreek
- chapar, chapeado, contrachapado, barniz, chapa de madera, chapear, enchapar, chapaSpanish
- روکش, روکش چوبیPersian
- julkisivu, viiluFinnish
- vernis, placage, vernirFrench
- cur aachrackan er, aachrackan, aachoodaghManx
- papa tīhoreMāori
- finér, fernissNorwegian
- folhear, folheadoPortuguese
- видимость, облицовывать, придавать внешний лоск, показуха, шпон, однослойная фанера, внешний лоск, маскировать, налётRussian
- фурнир, оплатица, oplatica, furnirSerbo-Croatian
- fanera, faner, fasadSwedish
- ağaç kaplama, ahşap kaplama, kaplama tahtasıTurkish
Get even more translations for veneer »
Find a translation for the veneer definition in other languages:
Select another language: