Definitions for travelˈtræv əl
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word travel
travel, traveling, travelling(noun)
the act of going from one place to another
"he enjoyed selling but he hated the travel"
change of location, travel(noun)
a movement through space that changes the location of something
travel, go, move, locomote(verb)
change location; move, travel, or proceed, also metaphorically
"How fast does your new car go?"; "We travelled from Rome to Naples by bus"; "The policemen went from door to door looking for the suspect"; "The soldiers moved towards the city in an attempt to take it before night fell"; "news travelled fast"
undertake a journey or trip
travel, trip, jaunt(verb)
make a trip for pleasure
travel upon or across
"travel the oceans"
undergo transportation as in a vehicle
"We travelled North on Rte. 508"
travel, move around(verb)
travel from place to place, as for the purpose of finding work, preaching, or acting as a judge
The act of travel(l)ing
a series of journeys
an account of one's travels
Iu2019m off on my travels around France again.
The activity or traffic along a route or through a given point
The working motion of a piece of machinery; the length of a mechanical stroke
Labour; parturition; travail.
To be on a journey, often for pleasure or business and with luggage; to go from one place to another.
I like to travel.
To pass from here to there; to move or transmit; to go from one place to another.
Soundwaves can travel through water.
To move illegally by walking or running without dribbling the ball.
To travel throughout (a place).
Iu2019ve travelled the world.
Origin: travelen from Middle Scots travailen "to toil, work, travel", alteration of travaillen, from travailler "to trouble, suffer, be worn out". See travail. Displaced native faren (from faran), lithen (from liþan), feren (from feran), iwalken (from gewealcan), swinken (from swincan). More at fare.
to labor; to travail
to go or march on foot; to walk; as, to travel over the city, or through the streets
to pass by riding, or in any manner, to a distant place, or to many places; to journey; as, a man travels for his health; he is traveling in California
to pass; to go; to move
to journey over; to traverse; as, to travel the continent
to force to journey
the act of traveling, or journeying from place to place; a journey
an account, by a traveler, of occurrences and observations during a journey; as, a book of travels; -- often used as the title of a book; as, Travels in Italy
the length of stroke of a reciprocating piece; as, the travel of a slide valve
labor; parturition; travail
Travel is the movement of people between relatively distant geographical locations, and can involve travel by foot, bicycle, automobile, train, boat, airplane, or other means, with or without luggage, and can be one way or round trip. Travel can also include relatively short stays between successive movements.
U.S. National Library of Medicine
Aspects of health and disease related to travel. It includes the physiologic and psychologic beneficial or adverse effects of travel in general or with regard to specific diseases.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'travel' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #2815
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'travel' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2664
Rank popularity for the word 'travel' in Nouns Frequency: #1116
Rank popularity for the word 'travel' in Verbs Frequency: #253
Translations for travel
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- مسافرة, سافر, ينتقلArabic
- падарожнічаць, паездка, вандраваць, ездзіць, падарожжаBelarusian
- пътувам, яздя, пътуванеBulgarian
- འགྲུལ་རྒྱགTibetan Standard
- viatjar, transitar, fer passesCatalan, Valencian
- cestování, cestovat, jezdit, procestovatCzech
- bereisen, reisen, [[sich]] [[übertragen]], [[sich]] [[fortpflanzen]], ReiseGerman
- ταξίδι, ταξιδεύωGreek
- vojaĝado, vojaĝiEsperanto
- viaje, viajarSpanish
- سفر, سفر کردن, مسافرت کردنPersian
- matkustelu, matka, matkustaa, kulkea, liikkua, vaeltaa, matkata, matkailuFinnish
- transmettre, voyage, voyager, propagerFrench
- siubhal, taistealScottish Gaelic
- यात्रा करना, यात्राHindi
- vwayajeHaitian Creole
- utazik, út, utazásHungarian
- ճանապարհորդել, ճանապարհորդությունArmenian
- viaggiare, viaggioItalian
- 여행, 旅行Korean
- iter facio, ambulo, iterLatin
- ການເດີນທາງ, ເດີນທາງLao
- keliavimas, apkeliauti, keliautiLithuanian
- патува, патувањеMacedonian
- reis, reizen, verplaatsen, bereizenDutch
- reise, slaglengdeNorwegian
- podróżować, przemierzać, podróż, podróże, jeździć, przemieszczać sięPolish
- viajar, viagemPortuguese
- călătorie, voiaj, călătoriRomanian
- перемещаться, поездка, объездить, путешествие, передвигаться, проходить, путешествовать, вести, ездить, ходRussian
- путова́ње, путовати, пренети, putovati, putovánje, proputòvati, prenetiSerbo-Croatian
- cestovať, jazdiť, cestovanieSlovak
- potovanje, potovatiSlovene
- fara, resande, rörelse, slag, resor, färdas, bana, gång, resa runt, resa, beresa, slaglängd, reseskildringarSwedish
- ప్రయాణము, యాత్ర, పర్యటనTelugu
- เดินทาง, ท่องเที่ยวThai
- yolculuk, yapmak, seyahat, etmekTurkish
- поїздка, мандрувати, їздити, подорож, подорожуватиUkrainian
- du lịchVietnamese
- täv, tävönVolapük
Get even more translations for travel »
Find a translation for the travel definition in other languages:
Select another language: