Definitions for thriftθrɪft
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word thrift
any of numerous sun-loving low-growing evergreens of the genus Armeria having round heads of pink or white flowers
parsimony, parsimoniousness, thrift, penny-pinching(noun)
extreme care in spending money; reluctance to spend money unnecessarily
The characteristic of using a minimum of something (especially money).
His thrift can be seen in how little the trash man takes from his house.
A savings bank.
Usually home mortgages are obtained from thrifts.
Any of various plants of the genus Armeria, particularly Armeria maritima.
a thriving state; good husbandry; economical management in regard to property; frugality
success and advance in the acquisition of property; increase of worldly goods; gain; prosperity
vigorous growth, as of a plant
one of several species of flowering plants of the genera Statice and Armeria
Thrift is an interface definition language and binary communication protocol that is used to define and create services for numerous languages. It is used as a remote procedure call framework and was developed at Facebook for "scalable cross-language services development". It combines a software stack with a code generation engine to build services that work efficiently to a varying degree and seamlessly between C#, C++, Cappuccino, Cocoa, Delphi, Erlang, Go, Haskell, Java, Node.js, OCaml, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby and Smalltalk. Although developed at Facebook, it is now an open source project in the Apache Software Foundation. The implementation was described in an April 2007 technical paper released by Facebook, now hosted on Apache.
Translations for thrift
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- Sparsamkeit, Sparkasse, GrasnelkeGerman
- parquedad, economía, ahorro, caja de ahorros, parsimoniaSpanish
- säästäväisyys, säästöpankki, laukkaneilikkaFinnish
- armérie, parcimonie, économie, épargne, banque d'épargneFrench
- tábhacht, barainnIrish
- takarékosság, takarékHungarian
- frugalità, parsimonia, risparmio, economiaItalian
- 銀行, 節倹, 貯蓄銀行, 浜簪, 倹約, アルメリアJapanese
- მომჭირნეობა, ყაირათიGeorgian
- bank, Armeria, Engels gras, zuinigheidDutch
- nøysemdNorwegian Nynorsk
- oszczędność, zawciągPolish
- economia, frugalidade, parcimôniaPortuguese
- бережливость, экономностьRussian
- trift, sparbank, sparsamhetSwedish
Get even more translations for thrift »
Find a translation for the thrift definition in other languages:
Select another language: