Definitions for thoughðoʊ
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word though
"it might be unpleasant, though"
Despite that; however.
I will do it, though.
Used to intensify statements or questions; indeed.
"Man, it's hot in here." u2014 "Isn't it, though?"
Despite the fact that; although.
Though itu2019s risky, itu2019s worth taking the chance.
If, that, even if.
We shall be not sorry though the man die tonight.
Origin: thagh, from þeah, later superseded in many dialects by though, from * (later þó), both from þauh, from to-. Akin to þah "though", þoh, doch, doh ( doch). More at that.
granting, admitting, or supposing that; notwithstanding that; if
however; nevertheless; notwithstanding; -- used in familiar language, and in the middle or at the end of a sentence
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
thō, conj. admitting: allowing: even if notwithstanding. [Lit. 'on that' (condition), A.S. ðeáh, ðéh; cog. with Goth. thau-h, Ice. thó, Ger. doch; from the stem of the.]
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'though' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #319
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'though' in Written Corpus Frequency: #267
Rank popularity for the word 'though' in Adverbs Frequency: #102
The numerical value of though in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of though in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Images & Illustrations of though
Translations for though
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ačkoli, nicméněCzech
- doch, obwohl, allerdings, trotzdemGerman
- μολονότι, ωστόσο, αν και, έστω και αν, παρά ταύτα, εν τούτοις, καίτοιGreek
- a pesar de, no obstante, sin embargoSpanish
- vaikkakaan, kuitenkin, vaikkaFinnish
- néanmoins, bien que, malgré, cependantFrench
- cé goIrish
- ge-tàScottish Gaelic
- non obstante, malgrado, benqueInterlingua
- bagaimanapun juga, meski, walauIndonesian
- þótt, þóIcelandic
- comunque, in ogni caso, [[anche]] [[se]], nonostante, ad ogni modoItalian
- だけど, だけれども, それでも, だが, にもかかわらずJapanese
- მიუხედავად იმისა, რომ, მაინცGeorgian
- dîsa jî, her wihaKurdish
- walau, walau bagaimanaMalay
- echter, hoewelDutch
- selv om, dogNorwegian
- ndiNavajo, Navaho
- jednak, choć, chociażPolish
- apesar, não obstantePortuguese
- desi, parcaRomanian
- несмотря на то, что, хоть и, хотя, однако, всё-таки, тем не менееRussian
- dock, även omSwedish
- hata hivyo, ijapokuwaSwahili
- тим не меншUkrainian
Get even more translations for though »
Find a translation for the though definition in other languages:
Select another language: