Definitions for tankerˈtæŋ kər
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word tanker
oil tanker, oiler, tanker, tank ship(noun)
a cargo ship designed to carry crude oil in bulk
tanker, tank driver(noun)
a soldier who drives a tank
A vessel used to transport large quantities of liquid.
Member of a tank crew, or of an armoured unit.
1997: I swung the tanker around just in time to take off with the lip uE000149824uE001 Neal Miyake, World Surf Day 1997
A tanker is a merchant vessel designed to transport liquids or gases in bulk. Major types of tankship include the oil tanker, the chemical tanker, and gas carrier.
The numerical value of tanker in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of tanker in Pythagorean Numerology is: 6
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
It's a big oil tanker and takes a while to turn.
Apparently the tanker will arrive at 2 p.m., but let's see.
The tanker was seized due to illegal entrance to Libyan waters without permission.
A Russian-flagged oil tanker was captured this afternoon when it tried to smuggle oil off Zawara.
It suggests that problems with tanker were a bigger issue than a lot of the Street had recognized.
Images & Illustrations of tanker
Translations for tanker
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- tankskib, tanker, tankbil, tankvognDanish
- Tanker, PanzersoldatGerman
- camión cisterna, avión cisterna, buque cisternaSpanish
- tankkeri, säiliöauto, panssarimies, tankkilaiva, säiliölaivaFinnish
- navire-citerne, pétrolier, tanker, camion-citerne, tankisteFrench
- nave cisterna, autocisterna, carrista, petrolieraItalian
- tankskipNorwegian Nynorsk
- tankowiec, cysterna, czołgistka, czołgistaPolish
- танкер, танкистRussian
Get even more translations for tanker »
Find a translation for the tanker definition in other languages:
Select another language: