Definitions for tankerˈtæŋ kər
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word tanker
oil tanker, oiler, tanker, tank ship(noun)
a cargo ship designed to carry crude oil in bulk
tanker, tank driver(noun)
a soldier who drives a tank
A vessel used to transport large quantities of liquid.
Member of a tank crew, or of an armoured unit.
1997: I swung the tanker around just in time to take off with the lip uE000149824uE001 Neal Miyake, World Surf Day 1997
A tanker is a merchant vessel designed to transport liquids or gases in bulk. Major types of tankship include the oil tanker, the chemical tanker, and gas carrier.
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
It's a big oil tanker and takes a while to turn.
Apparently the tanker will arrive at 2 p.m., but let's see.
A Russian-flagged oil tanker was captured this afternoon when it tried to smuggle oil off Zawara.
It suggests that problems with tanker were a bigger issue than a lot of the Street had recognized.
We heard a loud explosion, thought it was a tanker that exploded, then saw it was a trailer that blew up.
Translations for tanker
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- tankskib, tanker, tankbil, tankvognDanish
- Tanker, PanzersoldatGerman
- camión cisterna, avión cisterna, buque cisternaSpanish
- tankkeri, säiliöauto, panssarimies, tankkilaiva, säiliölaivaFinnish
- navire-citerne, pétrolier, tanker, camion-citerne, tankisteFrench
- nave cisterna, autocisterna, carrista, petrolieraItalian
- tankskipNorwegian Nynorsk
- tankowiec, cysterna, czołgistka, czołgistaPolish
- танкер, танкистRussian
Get even more translations for tanker »
Find a translation for the tanker definition in other languages:
Select another language: