sweetheart, sweetie, steady, truelove(noun)
a person loved by another person
any well-liked individual
"he's a sweetheart"
smasher, stunner, knockout, beauty, ravisher, sweetheart, peach, lulu, looker, mantrap, dish(adj)
a very attractive or seductive looking woman
privileged treatment of a favored person or corporation (sometimes unethically)
"another sweetheart deal based on political influence"
A person who is always very kind.
She is such a sweetheart, she never complains about my being late.
A person very much liked or loved by someone, especially when both partners are young.
John married his highschool sweetheart in 1981.
Origin: From sweet + heart.
a lover of mistress
"Sweetheart" is a song written by Rainy Davis and Pete Warner and originally recorded by Davis, which appeared on her eponymous debut album. The song reached number 24 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs in 1986. It was later re-recorded by Jermaine Dupri and Mariah Carey.
The numerical value of sweetheart in Chaldean Numerology is: 4
The numerical value of sweetheart in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Wife: a former sweetheart.
A sweetheart is a bottle of wine, a wife is a wine bottle.
The greater love is a mother's then comes a dog's then a sweetheart's.
I have been single for so long, sweetheart, I ca n’t even remember. I am serious.
She was only six years old, but you could see the seeds of great potential, she was a sweetheart.
Images & Illustrations of sweetheart
Translations for sweetheart
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- حبيب, حبيبةArabic
- Schatz, Liebchen, Liebster, Liebling, LiebsteGerman
- ερωμένη, εραστήςGreek
- corazón, dulzura, novioSpanish
- یار, دلارام, دلبر, دلدارPersian
- rakas, kullanmuru, sydänkäpy, kultanen, kultainenFinnish
- amante, chéri, ange, chérie, amour, amoureuxFrench
- leannanScottish Gaelic
- dolcezza, amore, cara, tesoro, caro, gentileItalian
- 恋人, カレシ, スイートハート, カノジョ, 君, ハニー, 愛すべき, 貴方, ダーリンJapanese
- საყვარელი, სატრფო, მიჯნურიGeorgian
- либе, љубен, љубенаMacedonian
- sympatia, ukochany, kochanie, ukochanaPolish
- anjo, doçura, amor, gentil, querido, tesouro, meigoPortuguese
- iubit, drag, drăguță, iubită, dragăRomanian
- голу́бушка, любимый, ду́шенька, возлюбленный, дорогой, люби́мый, дорого́й, возлю́бленныйRussian
- diridika, диридикаSerbo-Croatian
- tamu, pipiSwahili
- người yêuVietnamese
Get even more translations for sweetheart »
Find a translation for the sweetheart definition in other languages:
Select another language: