suddenly, all of a sudden, of a sudden(adverb)
"suddenly she felt a sharp pain in her side"
abruptly, suddenly, short, dead(adverb)
quickly and without warning
"he stopped suddenly"
on the spur of the moment, suddenly(adverb)
on impulse; without premeditation
"he decided to go to Chicago on the spur of the moment"; "he made up his mind suddenly"
Happening quickly and with little or no warning; in a sudden manner.
Suddenly, the heavens opened and we all got drenched.
"Suddenly" is a single from Ashley Tisdale's debut album Headstrong, the song was released in Germany on May 2, 2008, as her third single there. The song was not released in the United States, and was her debut album's final single.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'suddenly' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #814
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'suddenly' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1471
Rank popularity for the word 'suddenly' in Adverbs Frequency: #91
The numerical value of suddenly in Chaldean Numerology is: 4
The numerical value of suddenly in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
The world was bearish in 2003, and then suddenly the big kicker came. We had weak commodity prices and within two, three months, suddenly the market turned.
This is a single shot of medicine given to patients who are treating themselves two or three times a week, Suddenly, they don't have to take the medicine anymore.
Presidents quickly realize that while a single act might destroy the world they live in, no one single decision can make life suddenly better or can turn history around for good.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
Wouldn't it be weird if the only way people could die was that their heads suddenly exploded without warning If there was simply no other cause of death One day you'd be sitting there having a hot chocolate, and suddenly your head would explode.
Images & Illustrations of suddenly
Translations for suddenly
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- فجأةً, فجأةArabic
- внезапно, ненадейноBulgarian
- ཧོབ་ཏེ་ཁ་ལTibetan Standard
- tot d'una, de sobte, sobtadamentCatalan, Valencian
- náhle, NajednouCzech
- plötzlich, plGerman
- súbitamente, repentinamente, de pronto, de repenteSpanish
- äkkiä, yhtäkkiäFinnish
- soudainement, tout d'un coup, soudainFrench
- [[go]] [[tobann]], de gheitIrish
- gu grad, gu h-obannScottish Gaelic
- ऎकाऎक्, अचानक, सहसाHindi
- mendadak, tiba tibaIndonesian
- skyndilega, snögglega, brátt, hastarlegaIcelandic
- improvvisamente, all'improvvisoItalian
- მოულოდნელად, უეცრადGeorgian
- subito, derepente, repenteLatin
- പെട്ടന്ന്, പെട്ടെന്ന്Malayalam
- plotseling, ineens, plots, plotsklaps, pardoesDutch
- de repente, repentinamente, subitamentePortuguese
- instantaneu, brusc, deodată, subitRomanian
- неожиданно, внезапно, вдругRussian
- सहसा, सपदिSanskrit
- plötsligt, plötsligen, med ensSwedish
- kwa ghafulaSwahili
- birdenbire, ansızın, aniden, birdenTurkish
- несподівано, раптовоUkrainian
- đột ngột, thình lìnhVietnamese
- אויף, מיט אַ מאָל, פּלוצלינגYiddish
Get even more translations for suddenly »
Find a translation for the suddenly definition in other languages:
Select another language: