having succeeded or being marked by a favorable outcome
"a successful architect"; "a successful business venture"
Resulting in success; assuring, or promotive of, success; accomplishing what was proposed; having the desired effect; prosperous; fortunate; happy
resulting in success; assuring, or promotive of, success; accomplishing what was proposed; having the desired effect; hence, prosperous; fortunate; happy; as, a successful use of medicine; a successful experiment; a successful enterprise
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'successful' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #903
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'successful' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1517
Rank popularity for the word 'successful' in Adjectives Frequency: #107
The numerical value of successful in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of successful in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
We want a successful Europe, a successful currency union.
A man being wealthy doesn't necessarily mean he is successful. However, ALL successful men are wealthy!
One takeaway is that while activists on average are successful, they are not successful in each and every case.
The successful man doesn't use others, other people use the successful man, for above all the success is of service.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Images & Illustrations of successful
Translations for successful
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- موفق, ناجح, فائزArabic
- exitósCatalan, Valencian
- conseguido, exitoso, triunfadorSpanish
- موفق, کامگار, موفق شدنPersian
- menestyvä, menestynyt, onnistunutFinnish
- ayant du [[succès]], marqué de [[succès]], couronné de succèsFrench
- sikeres, eredményesHungarian
- andato a buon fine, riuscito, di successo, ben riuscito, coronato dal successoItalian
- geslaagd, succesvol, geluktDutch
- vellukkaNorwegian Nynorsk
- conseguido, bem-sucedidoPortuguese
- благополу́чный, уда́чный, успе́шныйRussian
- успјешан, uspješan, успешан, uspešanSerbo-Croatian
- framgångsrik, lyckadSwedish
- muvaffak, muvaffaklarTurkish
- успі́шний, вда́тнийUkrainian
- thành côngVietnamese
Get even more translations for successful »
Find a translation for the successful definition in other languages:
Select another language: