Definitions for successfulsəkˈsɛs fəl
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word successful
Random House Webster's College Dictionary
achieving or having achieved success.
resulting in or attended with success.
Origin of successful:
having succeeded or being marked by a favorable outcome
"a successful architect"; "a successful business venture"
Kernerman English Learner's Dictionary
a successful attempt to climb Mount Everest; a successful conference; Doctors say his surgery was successful.
(of a person) wealthy because they are good at their job
a successful actor/businesswoman/lawyer; The security cameras were successfully installed.
Resulting in success; assuring, or promotive of, success; accomplishing what was proposed; having the desired effect; prosperous; fortunate; happy
resulting in success; assuring, or promotive of, success; accomplishing what was proposed; having the desired effect; hence, prosperous; fortunate; happy; as, a successful use of medicine; a successful experiment; a successful enterprise
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'successful' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #903
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'successful' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1517
Rank popularity for the word 'successful' in Adjectives Frequency: #107
Translations for successful
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
(negative unsuccessful ) having success
Were you successful in finding a new house?; The successful applicant for this job will be required to start work next month; a successful career.
- bem-sucedidoPortuguese (BR)
- heldig; succesfuldDanish
- επιτυχημένος, που έχει επιτυχίαGreek
- afortunado; exitoso; fructuosoSpanish
- موفقيت آميزFarsi
- réussi, couronné de succèsFrench
- सम़द्धि सम्पन्न, फलता-फुलता, सौभाग्यशालीHindi
- uspješan, sretanCroatian
- sem nÿtur velgengni; árangursríkurIcelandic
- (coronato da successo), di successoItalian
- sekmīgs; veiksmīgs; panākumiem bagātsLatvian
- vellykket, heldig, framgangsrikNorwegian
- udany, ten któremu się udałoPolish
- موفقيت آميزPersian
- د موفقیت په ډولPashto
- reuşit, (încununat) de succesRomanian
- успешный; удачливыйRussian
- framgångsrik, godkändSwedish
- 成功的Chinese (Trad.)
- успішний, вдалийUkrainian
- thành côngVietnamese
- 成功的Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for successful »
Find a translation for the successful definition in other languages:
Select another language: