Definitions for sturdyˈstɜr di
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word sturdy
hardy, stalwart, stout, sturdy(adj)
having rugged physical strength; inured to fatigue or hardships
"hardy explorers of northern Canada"; "proud of her tall stalwart son"; "stout seamen"; "sturdy young athletes"
uncompromising, sturdy, inflexible(adj)
not making concessions
"took an uncompromising stance in the peace talks"; "uncompromising honesty"
substantially made or constructed
"sturdy steel shelves"; "sturdy canvas"; "a tough all-weather fabric"; "some plastics are as tough as metal"
A disease in sheep and cattle, marked by great nervousness, or by dullness and stupor.
of firm build
solid in structure or person
foolishly obstinate or resolute; stubborn; unrelenting; unfeeling; stern
resolute, in a good sense; or firm, unyielding quality; as, a man of sturdy piety or patriotism
characterized by physical strength or force; strong; lusty; violent; as, a sturdy lout
stiff; stout; strong; as, a sturdy oak
a disease in sheep and cattle, marked by great nervousness, or by dullness and stupor
Origin: [OF. estourdi giddiness, stupefaction.]
Strongly built; stalwart; robust.
Images & Illustrations of sturdy
Translations for sturdy
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- robustCatalan, Valencian
- fuerte, robusto, sólido, recioSpanish
- tukeva, roima, vankka, tanakka, jykevä, roteva, vantteraFinnish
- solide, costaud, robusteFrench
- tapaidh, brogachScottish Gaelic
- solida, robusta, solido, robusto, querciaItalian
- stiprs, stingrsLatvian
- stoer, potig, solide, stevigDutch
- silny, mocny, solidny, niezachwianyPolish
- сильный, крепкий, солидный, дюжий, мощный, здоровыйRussian
- čvȓst, snážan, mètīlj, krúpanSerbo-Croatian
- stabil, robust, rejäl, motståndskraftig, solidSwedish
- 結實, kết thậtVietnamese
Get even more translations for sturdy »
Find a translation for the sturdy definition in other languages:
Select another language: