a message that is stated or declared; a communication (oral or written) setting forth particulars or facts etc
"according to his statement he was in London on that day"
a fact or assertion offered as evidence that something is true
"it was a strong argument that his hypothesis was true"
(music) the presentation of a musical theme
"the initial statement of the sonata"
a nonverbal message
"a Cadillac makes a statement about who you are"; "his tantrums are a statement of his need for attention"
affirmation, assertion, statement(noun)
the act of affirming or asserting or stating something
instruction, command, statement, program line(noun)
(computer science) a line of code written as part of a computer program
statement, financial statement(noun)
a document showing credits and debits
the act of stating, reciting, or presenting, orally or in paper; as, to interrupt a speaker in the statement of his case
that which is stated; a formal embodiment in language of facts or opinions; a narrative; a recital
Statement is the debut album released by the four-piece rock/metal music group, Nonpoint. This was their first album released through a major label in MCA Records. The album debuted #166 on the Billboard 200 charts.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'statement' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1048
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'statement' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1028
Rank popularity for the word 'statement' in Nouns Frequency: #296
The numerical value of statement in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of statement in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
A compliment is a statement of an agreeable truth; flattery is a statement of an agreeable untruth.
The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. The opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.
The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.
I think Jeb Bush owes women an apology because he made a terrible statement about women's health issues and it was a foolish statement and perhaps a stupid statement, he's the one that has to apologize to women.
Our hope is that people realise this is not a political statement, a scientific statement, or a social statement, it will have economic, political, and social consequences, but it’s not intended to be a statement in those arenas.
Images & Illustrations of statement
Translations for statement
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- výrok, výpisCzech
- Anweisung, ErklärungGerman
- declaración, instrucción, resumenSpanish
- toteamus, tiliote, kannanotto, ohje, lauseke, lausuntoFinnish
- déclaration, instruction, relevéFrench
- ráisteas cuntais, ráiteas, ráiteas baincIrish
- aithisg, ràdhScottish Gaelic
- állítás, közlemény, nyilatkozat, kijelentés, utasítás, bejelentésHungarian
- 報告書, 声明, 陳述Japanese
- opmerking, uittreksel, instructie, bemerking, verklaring, stellingnameDutch
- chʼíhootʼánígííNavajo, Navaho
- oświadczenie, wyciąg, stwierdzenie, twierdzenie, instrukcjaPolish
- extrato, declaraçãoPortuguese
- declarație, instrucțiuni, bilanț, instrucțiune, remarcăRomanian
- формулировка, выписка, заявление, баланс, инструкция, изложение, оператор, утверждение, отчётRussian
- sats, programsatsSwedish
- demeç, bildiri, deklarasyon, açıklama, beyanat, ekstre, bildirgeTurkish
Get even more translations for statement »
Find a translation for the statement definition in other languages:
Select another language: