Definitions for so-so
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word so-so
being neither good nor bad
"an indifferent performance"; "a gifted painter but an indifferent actor"; "her work at the office is passable"; "a so-so golfer"; "feeling only so-so"; "prepared a tolerable dinner"; "a tolerable working knowledge of French"
acceptably, tolerably, so-so(adverb)
in an acceptable (but not outstanding) manner
"she plays tennis tolerably"
Neither very well nor very poorly.
He performed so-so during the tryouts, and the coach was undecided whether to add him to the team or not.
Neither good nor bad; tolerable, passable, indifferent.
The dessert was pretty good, but the meal was so-so.
neither very good nor very bad; middling; passable; tolerable; indifferent
Origin: [So + so.]
Translations for so-so
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- نصف نصف, نص نصArabic
- soso, so lala, so la laGerman
- έτσι κι έτσιGreek
- así así, templado, ni fu ni fa, pasable, más o menosSpanish
- niin ja näinFinnish
- couci-couça, comme ci comme çaFrench
- meadhanachScottish Gaelic
- svona, svona svonaIcelandic
- così cosà, così cosìItalian
- 그저 그렇게, 그저 그래요Korean
- plus minusLatin
- tak sobiePolish
- mais ou menos, assim-assim, assim assim, assim, assimPortuguese
- așa și așaRomanian
- сре́дненький, ничего, так себеRussian
- tàm tạmVietnamese
Get even more translations for so-so »
Find a translation for the so-so definition in other languages:
Select another language: