Definitions for sleetslit
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word sleet
partially melted snow (or a mixture of rain and snow)
precipitate as a mixture of rain and snow
"If the temperature rises above freezing, it will probably sleet"
Rain which freezes before reaching the ground.
A mixture of rain and snow.
To be in a state in which sleet is falling.
I won't bother going out until it's stopped sleeting.
the part of a mortar extending from the chamber to the trunnions
hail or snow, mingled with rain, usually falling, or driven by the wind, in fine particles
to snow or hail with a mixture of rain
Origin: [OE. sleet; akin to MHG. slz, slze hailstone, G. schlosse; of uncertain origin.]
Ice pellets are a form of precipitation consisting of small, translucent balls of ice. Ice pellets are smaller than hailstones which form in thunderstorms rather than in winter, and are different from graupel which is made of frosty white rime, and from a mixture of rain and snow which is a slushy liquid or semisolid. Ice pellets often bounce when they hit the ground or other solid objects, and make a higher-pitched "tap" when striking objects like jackets, windshields, and dried leaves, compared to the dull splat of liquid raindrops. Pellets generally do not freeze into a solid mass unless mixed with freezing rain. The METAR code for ice pellets is PL.
leets, steel, stele, teles
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Moderate to significant sleet and freezing rain could be possible across the southern states.
Images & Illustrations of sleet
Translations for sleet
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- aiguaneuCatalan, Valencian
- eirlaw, bwrw eirlawWelsh
- Eisregen, SchneeregenGerman
- jäätävä tihku, räntä, räntäsade, sataa räntää, jäätävä sadeFinnish
- grésil, grésillerFrench
- flinScottish Gaelic
- greletar, greletoIdo
- slydda, kraparigning, setja niður slyddu, ískorn, ísing, bleytukafaldIcelandic
- SchnéireenLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- ijzel, smeltende sneeuwDutch
- slutNorwegian Nynorsk
- sludd, sluddværNorwegian
- marznący deszcz, deszcz ze śniegiemPolish
- granizo, saraiva, água-neve, granizarPortuguese
- fleșcăială, lapovițăRomanian
- [[мо́крый]] [[снег]], [[дождь]] со [[снег, [[ледяно́й]] [[дождь]]Russian
- snöglopp, slask, snöblandat regnSwedish
Get even more translations for sleet »
Find a translation for the sleet definition in other languages:
Select another language: