Definitions for slamslæm
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word slam
winning all or all but one of the tricks in bridge
the noise made by the forceful impact of two objects
a forceful impact that makes a loud noise
shot, shaft, slam, dig, barb, jibe, gibe(verb)
an aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect
"his parting shot was `drop dead'"; "she threw shafts of sarcasm"; "she takes a dig at me every chance she gets"
"He slammed the door shut"
"slam the ball"
slam dance, slam, mosh, thrash(verb)
dance the slam dance
slam, flap down(verb)
"He slammed the book on the table"
to shut with force and a loud noise; to bang; as, he slammed the door
to put in or on some place with force and loud noise; -- usually with down; as, to slam a trunk down on the pavement
to strike with some implement with force; hence, to beat or cuff
to strike down; to slaughter
to defeat (opponents at cards) by winning all the tricks of a deal or a hand
to come or swing against something, or to shut, with sudden force so as to produce a shock and noise; as, a door or shutter slams
the act of one who, or that which, slams
the shock and noise produced in slamming
winning all the tricks of a deal
the refuse of alum works
Slam is a producer/DJ duo from Glasgow, consisting of Stuart MacMillan and Orde Meikle. They are co-founders of Soma Quality Recordings. Their music style consists of house and techno.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'slam' in Verbs Frequency: #908
Translations for slam
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- esmaixar, esmaixadaCatalan, Valencian
- zuschlagen, ausschimpfen, zuknallenGerman
- läimäys, läimäyttää, kulauttaa, paiskata, loukkaus, haukkua pataluhaksi, haukkua, pamahdus, puhdistaa pöytä, mojauttaa, donkata, donkkaus, panetella, iskeä, läjähdys, slammata, kuonaFinnish
- хлопание, разносить, хлопать, хлопнутьRussian
- hız ve gürültü ile yere çalma, yere çalmak, veryansın etmek, içiden çarpılma, bağırıp çağırmak, sövmek, güm, ağzına çalmak, yere çarpmak, çarpma, batırmak, çarpmakTurkish
Get even more translations for slam »
Find a translation for the slam definition in other languages:
Select another language: