Definitions for safeseɪf
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word safe
strongbox where valuables can be safely kept
a ventilated or refrigerated cupboard for securing provisions from pests
condom, rubber, safety, safe, prophylactic(adj)
contraceptive device consisting of a sheath of thin rubber or latex that is worn over the penis during intercourse
free from danger or the risk of harm
"a safe trip"; "you will be safe here"; "a safe place"; "a safe bet"
(of an undertaking) secure from risk
having reached a base without being put out
"the runner was called safe when the baseman dropped the ball"
dependable, good, safe, secure(adj)
"a good investment"; "a secure investment"
A box, usually made of metal, in which valuables can be locked for safekeeping.
Not in danger; free from harm's reach.
Youu2019ll be safe here.
Free from risk; harmless, riskless.
Providing protection from danger; providing shelter.
We have to find a safe spot, where we can hide out until this is over.
When a batter successfully reaches first base, or when a baserunner successfully advances to the next base or returns to the base he last occupied; not out.
The pitcher attempted to pick off the runner at first, but he was safe.
Properly secured; secure.
The documents are safe.
Not in danger from the specified source of harm.
dishwasher safe; dishwasher-safe
Great, cool, awesome, respectable;
free from harm, injury, or risk; untouched or unthreatened by danger or injury; unharmed; unhurt; secure; whole; as, safe from disease; safe from storms; safe from foes
conferring safety; securing from harm; not exposing to danger; confining securely; to be relied upon; not dangerous; as, a safe harbor; a safe bridge, etc
incapable of doing harm; no longer dangerous; in secure care or custody; as, the prisoner is safe
a place for keeping things in safety
a strong and fireproof receptacle (as a movable chest of steel, etc., or a closet or vault of brickwork) for containing money, valuable papers, or the like
a ventilated or refrigerated chest or closet for securing provisions from noxious animals or insects
to render safe; to make right
A safe is a secure lockable box used for securing valuable objects against theft or damage. A safe is usually a hollow cuboid or cylinder, with one face removable or hinged to form a door. The body and door may be cast from metal or formed out of plastic through blow molding. A less secure version is usually called a cash-box.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'safe' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1598
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'safe' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1661
Rank popularity for the word 'safe' in Adjectives Frequency: #157
Translations for safe
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- أَمِين, سَالِم, آمِنArabic
- бяспе́чны, сейфBelarusian
- caixa forta, segur, salvCatalan, Valencian
- trezor, bezpečný, sejfCzech
- gefahrlos, sicher, TresorGerman
- ασφαλής, ακίνδυνοςGreek
- cofre, seguro, caja fuerte, salvoSpanish
- kassakaappi, turvassa, siisti, turvallinen, tallessa, kestävä, tallelokeroFinnish
- en sécurité, sûr, coffre, sauf, coffre-fort, à l'abri, en lieu sûr, [[sans]] [[danger]]French
- feilichWestern Frisian
- dìonach, sàbhailteScottish Gaelic
- cofre, seguro, caixa forte, salvoGalician
- ապահով, անվտանգArmenian
- cassa forte, coffroInterlingua
- 安全, 金庫Japanese
- საიმედო, დაცული, სეიფი, უვნებელი, უსაფრთხოGeorgian
- boksiKalaallisut, Greenlandic
- 안전하다, 금고Korean
- drošs, sveiksLatvian
- veilig, kluis, veiliggesteld, safe, zekergesteld, ongevaarlijkDutch
- trygg, sikker, safe, tryggeNorwegian
- cofre, massa, salvo, seguro, a salvo, certo, legalPortuguese
- безопа́сный, сейф, [[в]] [[безопасность, надёжныйRussian
- trèzōr, sȅfSerbo-Croatian
- sef, varenSlovene
- trygg, säker, kassaskåp, riskfri, -säkerSwedish
- сейф, безпе́чнийUkrainian
- tủ sắt, an toàn, két sắtVietnamese
Get even more translations for safe »
Find a translation for the safe definition in other languages:
Select another language: