showing reason or sound judgment
"a sensible choice"; "a sensible person"
fair, fairish, reasonable(adj)
not excessive or extreme
"a fairish income"; "reasonable prices"
marked by sound judgment
"sane nuclear policy"
Just; fair; agreeable to reason.
Origin: resnable, from rationabilis, more at reason, -able.
having the faculty of reason; endued with reason; rational; as, a reasonable being
governed by reason; being under the influence of reason; thinking, speaking, or acting rationally, or according to the dictates of reason; agreeable to reason; just; rational; as, the measure must satisfy all reasonable men
not excessive or immoderate; within due limits; proper; as, a reasonable demand, amount, price
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'reasonable' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1782
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'reasonable' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1277
Rank popularity for the word 'reasonable' in Adjectives Frequency: #213
The numerical value of reasonable in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of reasonable in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Investors are back to being reasonable.
Next year will be a reasonable to maybe a surprisingly good year.
Whatever is reasonable is true, and whatever is true is reasonable.
To a reasonable creature, that alone is insupportable which is unreasonable but everything reasonable may be supported.
Next year will be a reasonable to maybe a surprisingly good year, (There is) no reason in the world why we can't see P/Es expand.
Images & Illustrations of reasonable
Translations for reasonable
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- raonableCatalan, Valencian
- vernünftig, anständigGerman
- δικαιολογημένος, ευάρεστος, τίμιος, λογικός, οφειλόμενοςGreek
- sopiva, kunnollinen, järkeenkäypä, joltinenkin, kohtuullinenFinnish
- satisfaisant, juste, raisonnable, correctFrench
- réasúnta, ciallmharIrish
- cothromach, reusantaScottish Gaelic
- razoable, razoábelGalician
- ragionevole, moderatoItalian
- rimelig, fornuftigNorwegian
- rozsądny, uzasadniony, satysfakcjonującyPolish
- em conta, satisfatório, razoávelPortuguese
- недорогой, удовлетворительный, разумныйRussian
Get even more translations for reasonable »
Find a translation for the reasonable definition in other languages:
Select another language: