plan, program, programme(noun)
a series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished
"they drew up a six-step plan"; "they discussed plans for a new bond issue"
a system of projects or services intended to meet a public need
"he proposed an elaborate program of public works"; "working mothers rely on the day care program"
broadcast, program, programme(noun)
a radio or television show
"did you see his program last night?"
platform, political platform, political program, program(noun)
a document stating the aims and principles of a political party
"their candidate simply ignored the party platform"; "they won the election even though they offered no positive program"
an announcement of the events that will occur as part of a theatrical or sporting event
"you can't tell the players without a program"
course of study, program, programme, curriculum, syllabus(noun)
an integrated course of academic studies
"he was admitted to a new program at the university"
program, programme, computer program, computer programme(noun)
(computer science) a sequence of instructions that a computer can interpret and execute
"the program required several hundred lines of code"
a performance (or series of performances) at a public presentation
"the program lasted more than two hours"
arrange a program of or for
"program the 80th birthday party"
write a computer program
A set of structured activities.
A leaflet listing information about a play, game or other activity.
A performance of a show or other broadcast on radio or television.
: A software application, or a collection of software applications, designed to perform a specific task.
A particular mindset or method of doing things.
To enter a program or other instructions into a computer (or other electronic device) to instruct it to do a particular task.
To put together the schedule of an event.
To cause to automatically behave in a particular way.
Origin: From programme, from programma, from πρόγραμμα, from προγράφω, from πρό +, from γράφω.
same as Programme
The New Hacker's Dictionary
1. A magic spell cast over a computer allowing it to turn one's input into error messages. 2. An exercise in experimental epistemology. 3. A form of art, ostensibly intended for the instruction of computers, which is nevertheless almost inevitably a failure if other programmers can't understand it.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'program' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #2549
Rank popularity for the word 'program' in Nouns Frequency: #817
The numerical value of program in Chaldean Numerology is: 9
The numerical value of program in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
When salvation is viewed as man's program, it is left up to man as to whether he will let God do this or that, but when it is viewed as God's program, there is a confidence and a certainty that no one whom God regenerates will be a carnal Christian.
A crash is when your competitor's program dies. When your program dies, it is an 'idiosyncrasy'. Frequently, crashes are followed with a message like 'ID 02'. 'ID' is an abbreviation for idiosyncrasy and the number that follows indicates how many more months of testing the product should have had.
This( first flight) is one event, a very significant event, but the program is a fast moving body and this is just the first step, our next challenges are maturity at EIS and production ramp-up. The A380 program has been rich in lessons for this program and has led to us to deeply rework our practices.
Approval of a budget consistent with the program objective of reducing the general government deficit to 3.7 percent of GDP is a key condition for the completion of the (IMF aid) program, approval of a budget that deviates from program objectives for 2016 and the medium-term will interrupt the program and inevitably disrupt the associated international financing.
There’s different criteria that is acceptable [to get an ID card]. Many of us were opposed to the program from the start. However, city council created this program and the mayor signed it into law. Now we’re seeing an estimated 500,000 people that they anticipate will sign up with this ID program and people are doing so. They’re taking advantage of the program.
Images & Illustrations of program
Translations for program
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- program, programmeerAfrikaans
- وضع برنامجًا, برنامج, برمجةArabic
- অনুষ্ঠান, প্রোগ্রামBengali
- programaCatalan, Valencian
- program, programovatCzech
- rhaglen, rhaglennuWelsh
- Programm, programmieren, SendungGerman
- πρόγραμμα, προγραμματίζωGreek
- esitys, ohjelma, ohjelmoida, ohjelmalehtinen, suunnitelma, ehdollistaa, [[suunnitella]] [[ohjelma]]Finnish
- programme, programmer, émission, programmationFrench
- תוכנית, תיכנתHebrew
- प्रोग्राम, क्रमादेश, कार्यक्रमHindi
- program, műsorHungarian
- forrita, tölvuforrit, forritIcelandic
- 算譜, 次第, プログラムを供給する, 番組, 計画, プログラムを作る, プログラム, 提供Japanese
- بهرنامه, پرۆگرامKurdish
- vastleggen, programma, plannen, programmerenDutch
- program, programować, audycjaPolish
- programação, programar, planejar, programa, planearPortuguese
- программа, составлять план, программировать, составлять программу, передача, писать программу, програмкаRussian
- planlägga, program, programmera, planera, mjukvara, utveckla mjukvara, mjukvaruutvecklaSwedish
- โปรแกรม, รายการThai
- program, bağdarlama, izlenceTurkish
- програма, передачаUkrainian
- chương trìnhVietnamese
Get even more translations for program »
Find a translation for the program definition in other languages:
Select another language: