Definitions for program
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word program
plan, program, programme(noun)
a series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished
"they drew up a six-step plan"; "they discussed plans for a new bond issue"
a system of projects or services intended to meet a public need
"he proposed an elaborate program of public works"; "working mothers rely on the day care program"
broadcast, program, programme(noun)
a radio or television show
"did you see his program last night?"
platform, political platform, political program, program(noun)
a document stating the aims and principles of a political party
"their candidate simply ignored the party platform"; "they won the election even though they offered no positive program"
an announcement of the events that will occur as part of a theatrical or sporting event
"you can't tell the players without a program"
course of study, program, programme, curriculum, syllabus(noun)
an integrated course of academic studies
"he was admitted to a new program at the university"
program, programme, computer program, computer programme(noun)
(computer science) a sequence of instructions that a computer can interpret and execute
"the program required several hundred lines of code"
a performance (or series of performances) at a public presentation
"the program lasted more than two hours"
arrange a program of or for
"program the 80th birthday party"
write a computer program
A set of structured activities.
A leaflet listing information about a play, game or other activity.
A performance of a show or other broadcast on radio or television.
: A software application, or a collection of software applications, designed to perform a specific task.
A particular mindset or method of doing things.
To enter a program or other instructions into a computer (or other electronic device) to instruct it to do a particular task.
To put together the schedule of an event.
To cause to automatically behave in a particular way.
Origin: From programme, from programma, from πρόγραμμα, from προγράφω, from πρό +, from γράφω.
same as Programme
The New Hacker's Dictionary
1. A magic spell cast over a computer allowing it to turn one's input into error messages. 2. An exercise in experimental epistemology. 3. A form of art, ostensibly intended for the instruction of computers, which is nevertheless almost inevitably a failure if other programmers can't understand it.
Program management or programme management is the process of managing several related projects, often with the intention of improving an organization's performance. In practice and in its aims it is often closely related to systems engineering and industrial engineering. The program manager has oversight of the purpose and status of the projects in a program and can use this oversight to support project-level activity to ensure the program goals are met by providing a decision-making capacity that cannot be achieved at project level or by providing the project manager with a program perspective when required, or as a sounding board for ideas and approaches to solving project issues that have program impacts. In a program there is a need to identify and manage cross-project dependencies and often the project management office may not have sufficient insight of the risk, issues, requirements, design or solution to be able to usefully manage these. The program manager may be well placed to provide this insight by actively seeking out such information from the project managers although in large and/or complex projects, a specific role may be required.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'program' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #2549
Rank popularity for the word 'program' in Nouns Frequency: #817
Translations for program
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- program, programmeerAfrikaans
- وضع برنامجًا, برنامج, برمجةArabic
- অনুষ্ঠান, প্রোগ্রামBengali
- programaCatalan, Valencian
- program, programovatCzech
- rhaglen, rhaglennuWelsh
- Programm, programmieren, SendungGerman
- πρόγραμμα, προγραμματίζωGreek
- esitys, ohjelma, ohjelmoida, ohjelmalehtinen, suunnitelma, ehdollistaa, [[suunnitella]] [[ohjelma]]Finnish
- programme, programmer, émission, programmationFrench
- תוכנית, תיכנתHebrew
- प्रोग्राम, क्रमादेश, कार्यक्रमHindi
- program, műsorHungarian
- forrita, tölvuforrit, forritIcelandic
- 算譜, 次第, プログラムを供給する, 番組, 計画, プログラムを作る, プログラム, 提供Japanese
- بهرنامه, پرۆگرامKurdish
- vastleggen, programma, plannen, programmerenDutch
- program, programować, audycjaPolish
- programação, programar, planejar, programa, planearPortuguese
- программа, составлять план, программировать, составлять программу, передача, писать программу, програмкаRussian
- planlägga, program, programmera, planera, mjukvara, utveckla mjukvara, mjukvaruutvecklaSwedish
- โปรแกรม, รายการThai
- program, bağdarlama, izlenceTurkish
- програма, передачаUkrainian
- chương trìnhVietnamese
Get even more translations for program »
Find a translation for the program definition in other languages:
Select another language: