Definitions for perhapspərˈhæps
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word perhaps
possibly, perchance, perhaps, maybe, mayhap, peradventure(adverb)
"perhaps she will call tomorrow"; "we may possibly run into them at the concert"; "it may peradventure be thought that there never was such a time"
by chance; peradventure; perchance; it may be
Origin: [Per + hap chance.]
Perhaps is the fourth album released by the Scottish New Wave band, Associates. It is the first album without founding multi-instrumentalist Alan Rankine.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'perhaps' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #258
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'perhaps' in Written Corpus Frequency: #248
Rank popularity for the word 'perhaps' in Adverbs Frequency: #40
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
The universe is a big place, perhaps the biggest.
It will go faster than we perhaps think right now.
But this would perhaps be the better way for Greece.
Perhaps God is not dead; perhaps God is himself mad.
Perhaps one day this too will be pleasant to remember.
Images & Illustrations of perhaps
Translations for perhaps
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- من الممكن, ربماArabic
- бәлки, мөмкинBashkir
- мо́жа, мо́жа быць, магчыма́Belarusian
- мо́же биBulgarian
- potserCatalan, Valencian
- možná, snadCzech
- vielleicht, wohlGerman
- μάλλον, ίσωςGreek
- quizás, quizá, tal vez, acasoSpanish
- 's dòcha, 's mathaidScottish Gaelic
- tal vez, quizais, quizáGalician
- barangkali, jangan-jangan, mungkinIndonesian
- 多分, でしょう, 若しや, かもしれないJapanese
- შესაძლოა, იქნებ, ეგებGeorgian
- belkî, بهشکوو, بهشکوم, ڕهنگه, بهڵکووKurdish
- forsit, fortassis, fortasse, forsan, fors, forsitan, forteLatin
- misschien, wellichtDutch
- kanskje, muligensNorwegian
- może, podobnoPolish
- возмо́жно, мо́жет быть, мочь, наве́рноеRussian
- možno, snáď, môžbyťSlovak
- mogóče, mordàSlovene
- kanske, möjligenSwedish
- huenda, pingineSwahili
- บางที, ไม่แน่Thai
- можли́во, мо́же бу́ти, ма́буть, мо́жеUkrainian
- có thể, có lẽVietnamese
Get even more translations for perhaps »
Find a translation for the perhaps definition in other languages:
Select another language: